Whistler TRX-2 vs. Uniden SDS-100: Which Receives Better in P25 Multi-Cast Environment?

What's Your Favorite Brand Of Police Scanner?

• Whistler/Gre/Radio Shack

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Uniden Bearcat

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • Some Other Brand

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
As a side note, England has used TV Detector vans for decades to determine if a household is using a TV set without paying the annual TV viewing license fee. These vans are able to detect the RF emissions of a TV set while it is operating, as well as using other possible detection methods.
TV detector van - Wikipedia
Wait a minute. Are you telling us that in England one has to pay a fee to receive over the air TV?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
That is correct. They have a lot of stupid laws over there.
Let's say the EU has a lot of stupid laws hence the vote for brexit LOL

Getting back on topic I don't think it's even appropriate to compare a trx-x to a SDSXXX...

It's like comparing a 2011 Ford Taurus to a 2018 Ford police interceptor.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Just to clear up a misconception. This is my final post on this topic. Any oscillator radiates a signal. I have located radio control aircraft that have crashed by using a directional antenna and a scanner tuned to the local oscillator frequency of the receiver in the plane.
Those radios are RECEIVERS not transmitters.

Last edited:

nanZor

The best part is I remember watching this "Young Ones" comedy while in London at the time on my rented and licensed tv:

Even the BBC has a sense of humour about it. But yeah, you have to pay up. Just how it is. Enjoy.

ddoppke

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a TRX2 and shortly after got a SDS200. After about 3 days of monitoring, both setup the same, the TRX2 went back. The SDS200 works great for me in Macomb and St Clair MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.