TRX-2: Whistler TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdohmen

Is there a way to stop 2 groups from coming up on one frequency? I have tried to change the range but still no luck.
Thank You

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Moved as this has absolutely nothing to do with the Radio Reference database.

sdohmen

I have one frequency loaded on my scanner (156.1800) for a local medical helicopter but I also receive a dog catcher under the same frequency.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have one frequency loaded on my scanner (156.1800) for a local medical helicopter but I also receive a dog catcher under the same frequency.
Assuming it is a analog system , You will have to see if at least one of those entities is using Squelch tones and add them to the listing in ezscan, then copy configuration TO the scanner/sdcard.

Check radioreference data base or the library import data or set your scanner to search for the tone on those 2. then the scanner will display it if available. then you add it under squelch in ezscan.

sdohmen

Thank you all for the information. With the info given, I was able to figure out the squelch settings.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The squelch settings have nothing to do with your problem. If you turn up the squelch far enough to block the dog catcher, everything else you receive will suffer. If you let me know your county and state, I can check to see if there are PL tones on those frequencies so that it will block the dog catcher without needing to turn up the squelch and blocking all of the other weaker signals you want to receive. Your solution of using the squelch may not work when you change locations. The other solution would be permanent without being detrimental to everything else you want to receive. We may be able to solve the problem directly without using your backdoor approach. All I need is your county and state. The medical helicopter may cover a wide area.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you say squelch settings, do you mean adding a PL tone. If you found and added a CTCSS or DCS, that would solve the problem. I just assumed that you turned up the squelch to block the dog catcher which was a weaker signal. The only reason I needed your county and state was to see if the tone info was available in the database. If you got the problem solved, I'm glad to hear it and I'm sorry about the misunderstanding.

hhall2260

Premium Subscriber
Still cant get TRX-2 to work on a 800 mhz trunk system, the FCC call sign near my area is WNIF200 they have three other 800 mhz trunk system is Albuquerque one NXDN and two LTR's, LTR-1 & LTR-2 on Radio Reference Page. The system near me is not listed on Radio Reference Page. I put the 8 frequencies in conventional in a scan list in order from lowest to highest and heard school buses traffic during the week on 856.1125 and constant CW id and digital noise on 857.5875. I have tried to put them into scan lists as NXDN & LTR as follows with wild card for talk groups and id numbers. 856.1125, 856.5875, 857.1125, 857.5875, 858.1125, 858.5875, 860.0875, & 860.6375. Then scanner has stopped on number 3 but their is no noise or traffic except for 856.1125 the school, and 857.5875 CW ID and digital noise entered in conventional scan list. Any suggestions would be welcome the company name in Radio Reference is Specialty Communications thanks in advance.

TAbirdman

The trunk system needs to be set up as a trunked system and not treated as a conventional ( analog) frequency. What is the State/county/City and the system you are trying to monitor?

sdohmen

Yes, I found and changed the CTCSS and DCS codes. I've had scanners for a long time but I still have a lot to learn. Thanks

hhall2260

Premium Subscriber
I think the system I am trying to listen to is a business that provides services for different customers like the ones listed in Radio Reference Page under Bernalillo Country in the Trunked Systems page under the company name of Specialty Communications, as I said they have three systems in Albuquerque on Sandia Crest one is NXDN and two LTR's, LTR-1 & LTR-2 on Radio Reference Page. The one system near me is on La Mosca Peak and NOT LISTED on Radio Reference page under the call sign WNIF200. The frequencies are 856.1125, 856.5875, 857.1125, 857.5875, 858.1125, 858.5875, 860.0875, & 860.6375, have tried adding them to the Trunk page on the scanner via the software and put wild cards on talk groups and ID numbers. So far nothing, any suggestions that WOULD BE HELP would be welcome.

sdohmen

Ok, one more question about my TRX-2. Is there a way to adjust the volume control for the frequencies individually?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
n
Ok, one more question about my TRX-2. Is there a way to adjust the volume control for the frequencies individually?
Not really, but for p25 you can try adjusting the DAC down to lower the volume on those systems and more balance out audio, Audioboost mentioned in another post does little to nothing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.