Whistler TRX2 programming problem

Jayarnold

Premium Subscriber
Have had this TRX2 for couple years and programmed fine and worked fine. Just recently added new Motorola Phase 2 UHF system in my listening area. Download all the new frequencies and talk group, everything picks up fine but these new channels. I must have missed one of the setting someplace to make this receive ? Any ideas ?
Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have had this TRX2 for couple years and programmed fine and worked fine. Just recently added new Motorola Phase 2 UHF system in my listening area. Download all the new frequencies and talk group, everything picks up fine but these new channels. I must have missed one of the setting someplace to make this receive ? Any ideas ?
Thanks

It's hard to miss a setting if you have it labeled as P25.

First thought simulcast, second thought it could be a different site, final thought would be encryption. Let me back track and explain the different site comment, my county uses the core of a city's P25 system but are on a different site. If you try to scan both sites you will not hear the county TGs, but if you create a duplicate system and only include the county freqs/TGs then you can hear them.

Not saying any of those are the problem, just sharing thoughts.

Ubbe

Any ideas ?
Check that the scanlist that the talk groups are assign to are included in scan. Add a wildcard TG to see if that will change anything.

Do you see that scanlist name scroll on the display, that tells you it's included in the scanning?

/Ubbe

tvengr

Well Known Member
Thanks
In the TRX-2 software under the Trunked Radio Systems and Talkgroup Details tabs, check the box to Show assigned talkgroups. It is above Scanlists.