Whistler TRX2 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I am trying to program the VA Stars Radio System talk groups Salem Division (Salem 1 etc.) on my TRX2. On my RadioShack Pro 106 I have them programmed and all that is picking up are VC Channels with no DG audio coming through. Can't hear them at all on my TRX2. All I can get is the Wytheville division (Wythe 1, etc.) If better answered in a different forum, please advise and I will move this question to that particular forum given discussion of 2 different brands of scanners. I was informed that I might have better responses in this forum.

thanks.
anelson5004

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I don’t think you should have any issues with Salem- they seem pretty active. I hear them quite a bit front the Harrisonburg area when I have Stars turned on.

First, are you in the Salem area? What Control Channels are you listening to? Try to pair them down if you have a lot of CC’s in the system and see if you can limit it to one or two control channel sites closest to you, that are in the Salem Div area.

anelson5004

I am located in Cedar Bluff va which is about 3 hours give or take from Roanoke va connected by an outdoor antenna. I am using long mountain dismal mountain fort Lewis bull mountain white oak apple orchard Peters and potts mountains. I am also listening to wytheville division which somehow transmits on Peters and potts mountains. For wytheville division I am using dismal beamer knob whitetop east River Norton jonesville Abingdon Oakwood Elkins branch and big walker. Thanks

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
... On my RadioShack Pro 106 I have them programmed and all that is picking up are VC Channels with no DG audio coming through. Can't hear them at all on my TRX2. All I can get is the Wytheville division (Wythe 1, etc.)...

thanks.
anelson5004

Maybe I'm not understanding your first post. On your RS106, you are picking up traffic, but no digital audio? And all you have on the TRX2 is Wytheville?

anelson5004

Yes on my RS106 I am picking up vc channels for Salem but no digital audio. On my trx2 I am only picking up wytheville but have Salem programmed and not receiving Salem at all not so much as even a vc channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.