• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Whistler TRX2 scanner software

jj53191

Premium Subscriber
Having a problem with the TRX2 scanner software.
After entering frequencies and sorting by fields,
The software changes or swaps frequencies.
The Alpha tags stay unchanged but some of the frequencies
will either move or change all together.
Have had 800 MHz change to 400 MHz frequencies.
Ran the program on both my Windows 10 laptop and desktop
and it does the same on both systems.
I have to copy the information to the scanner and then
change the frequencies manually in it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks ahead of time.

John

Windows 10... I'm almost certain that is the source of the issue. Though I could be wrong.

Two things:

Have you tried running the program as Admin? Is the program in the program files directory? That diredctory, even in Vista and up is an emulated directory and protected so that it's hard to make changes to things. You could try installing the program to the root of C drive. So like C:\TRX2.

If all else fails try a virtual machine. You can get VMware Workstation Player, load Windows 7 in it and try in there.

jj53191

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10... I'm almost certain that is the source of the issue. Though I could be wrong.

Two things:

Have you tried running the program as Admin? Is the program in the program files directory? That diredctory, even in Vista and up is an emulated directory and protected so that it's hard to make changes to things. You could try installing the program to the root of C drive. So like C:\TRX2.

If all else fails try a virtual machine. You can get VMware Workstation Player, load Windows 7 in it and try in there.
Thanks for the info.
Looking in the directory, yes it is in the program files area.
I'll reinstall it in the C: root and give that a try and let you know.
I'm new to the virtual machine thing.
Will do some research at YouTube U and give it a try if changing the directory doesn't work.
Again thanks.

John

jj53191

Premium Subscriber
Hey Poltergeisty.
Still working on the Whisper software issue.
I loaded the program into the C: root.
Still having the same problem but now they seam to also change when restarting the software.
Going to plan "B"
Will try the VMware next.
I have read where Forum users say that they have entered frequencies
and wondering why the station has gone dead.
Wondering if they checked the radio, they would find that that frequency
that they tried to load is not even there.
Again,
Thanks for your help on this.
John