Whistler WS 1065

1984csh

Premium Subscriber
Okay to start with I know absolutely nothing about computers but I have the arc 500 for the Whistler 1065 and I have a premium prescription to radio reference I have the radio reference side of it figured out but when it comes to importing to a file I can't figure it out I make a new file name it and when I hit the save button the file is empty, please help

ToddWilkinson

ScanMN
Okay to start with I know absolutely nothing about computers but I have the arc 500 for the Whistler 1065 and I have a premium prescription to radio reference I have the radio reference side of it figured out but when it comes to importing to a file I can't figure it out I make a new file name it and when I hit the save button the file is empty, please help
what county and state
Use Psredit500 PSREdit500 - Configuration Editor for the WS-1040, WS-1065, PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, and PRO-197 Scanners

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you first save the file, click on Save As, select the folder where you want the file saved, name the file, and click on Save. I use ARC500 also.

1984csh

Premium Subscriber
When you first save the file, click on Save As, select the folder where you want the file saved, name the file, and click on Save. I use ARC500 also.
Okay I'm still lost, I'm on the object information screen I have my channels in there that's good when I go up to hit save as it brings me to another screen and I have a choice that says new folder I click on that it brings me to a new folder and it looks like it gives me the option to name the folder it's highlighted where I can put in my own name for it I do that then my only other option is to save or cancel I save it then the computer pops up saying location is not available

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you
When you first save the file, click on Save As
When you go to the File tab and click on Save As, you can select the folder you want to use to save the file, name the file, and save it. Once the file has a name and location, you just need to click on Save to save changes.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to save the file TO YOUR COMPUTER or are you trying to WRITE TO THE SCANNER?

1984csh

Premium Subscriber
Trying to save to computer I'm using Windows 11 and when I hit save as a second screen pops up one file that's already in there says my scanner data files and then when I go to open the new file it gives me a file that says new file and it's highlighted where you could change the name of the file and I do then I try to save it and it says location is not available so it won't let me save it

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you Save As and give the file a location and name, it does not delete anything that is already in an existing file. From that point, you just open the new file that you just created. When the file is open, you just click on Save to save any changes.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You will need to install the driver for your cable. Here is an ARC500 file for Defiance and Paulding Counties. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file (Defiance_Paulding Co OH.gr5) with ARC500. Click on the Scanner tab and Upload to Scanner. Scan lists as follows:

SCANLISTS:
1. DefCo Trunk (Defiance County Trunk)
2. Pauld Trunk (Paulding County Trunk)
3. DefCo Cnv PubSaf (Conventional Public Safety)
4. DefCo Cnv Misc (Conventional Miscellaneous)
5. Pauld Cnv PubSaf (Conventional Public Safety)
6. Pauld Cnv Misc (Conventional Miscellaneous)

Attachments

• Defiance_Paulding Co OH GR5.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 3