Whistler WS1040 (Help please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasondillard

Premium Subscriber
I am new to scanners and can't get mine programmed. I'm trying to program the city of Newton, NC fire and police. I've watched several videos but no luck yet.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This article from our wiki (links are always blue) has links to everything you need to get started. Note that the Easier to Read manual for the 1040 (really a PSR-500 in another box) is linked near the bottom of...

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

While it is possible to program these scanners manually - there's an article that details how - most folks use software. We have some software user's guides also linked in the above article

Mike

Jasondillard

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike. I will look at the article. It seems most software requires a pc and I have a mac. I'm just trying to program one city. Newton, NC.

reconrider8

Ok do some research and find out what you guys use and I can throw together a file and send to you if you have win500 and the cable for it

setuphelper

Premium Subscriber
Whistler

Jasondillard
Did Whistler tech support help you with manual programming or with software ?

setuphelper

Premium Subscriber
Whistler

OK- I'm just up the road in Caldwell County. I have a pro-106 Radio Shack which I am told are very similar to Whistler . While I am no expert I will be happy to help you if I can : )

Status
Not open for further replies.