Whistler WS1040 - New user setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

eburcham56

Premium Subscriber
Howdy... Although I had over 30 years in IT (retired), this is new waters for me. I'm trying to help my mom out. It seems that our area (Fort Scott, KS 66701, Bourbon County) recently changed from analog to digital, and my parents' old scanner quit working as a result. Believe me, mom is LOST without her scanner. Anyway, my sister and I got her this digital for Christmas, and I'm in WAY over my head trying to get the local PD/fire/etc., feeds to set up. I downloaded PSREdit500, plus a short term membership in RadioReference to download the Bourbon County frequencies, and successfully downloaded them to the WS1040. But, there seems to be no traffic to pick up, just static and random other annoying noises. Would really love to get this working for her soon, but I'm at a dead end at this point.

I know there's likely a thread on here that would clear it all up for me, but I'm spread pretty thin to spend tons of time researching. Would appreciate any assistance I could get from you good members here!

Thanks in advance...

sprite1741

I will try to help since i really like my WS1040 but their are more knowledgeable people on here. Did you download the p25 statewide KSICS - Kansas Statewide Interoperable Communication System Trunking System, Statewide, Kansas - Scanner Frequencies , that probably where they are. You need the closest primary and secondary control channels programmed. Looks like, 851.625 and 852.200 entered as a p25 system. You only need the control channels. You can also press func then scan to put the scanner in search mode. Enable frequency bands with the 0 thru 9 key. That should find everything in range. Just press scan to exit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.