whistler ws1040 on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallen444

whistler ws1040 on sale now for $150.00 on whistler web site dent sale got one love it they wont last long for that.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I have the alike model RS106 and it is a very nice scanner ... using a lapel Mike and a jumper wire it's plenty loud , it's too bad it does not have PhaseII....

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I got mine this summer with the S/D sale for $150. so far it’s been perfect for our SW Idaho system and over to the Oregon coast.

** NOTE ** : It’s a Phase I scanner.

unfortunately Whistler most likey will never upgrade it to phase 2, which would effect the market for the TRX-1

the 1040 has outstanding features if it will work in your area.

potala1369

Premium Subscriber
I have a RS-106 and bought a S/D WS-1040 about 18 months ago and just bought another one less than a week ago. As far as I am concerned, the 1040 may not be the top of the line, but it is as close to the top that I need to get. With various local PDs, in EMass going with the big E, why bother going top of the line in a new scanner?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I have a RS-106 and bought a S/D WS-1040 about 18 months ago and just bought another one less than a week ago. As far as I am concerned, the 1040 may not be the top of the line, but it is as close to the top that I need to get. With various local PDs, in EMass going with the big E, why bother going top of the line in a new scanner?

It depends on your location. In my area, encryption is very limited. However, certain cities in Texas have gone overboard. I would not waste my money on that radio unless you have a Phase I radio system in that area. That radio is known for poor performance in the presence of linear simulcast distortion. Again, if you tell me where you live I can see whether you might benefit from that radio since it does handle P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.