Whistler WS1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM1040

I just bought a Whistler WS1040 but I still can't hear the police I am new to this where can I go for a step by step program process?

Last edited by a moderator:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This page from our wiki (links are always in blue) has links to everything you need; the object oriented software page has the links to the 3 packages mentioned earlier...

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Note that we also have links to user guides to ARC500 and Win500 linked at the bottom. Keep in mind that the 1040 is really a GRE PSR-500 in another box, as shown in the article above. Hence anything written for the 500 will work on the 1040

Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Whistler WS1040 but I still can't hear the police I am new to this where can I go for a step by step program process?
Looking at your county (Logan) in the database, it appears that most of the public safety agencies in the county are using DMR. I see one county talkgroup, 'County Emergency Services', on AWIN, the statewide P25 (digital) system. If there are more, they have not been submitted to the database.

For Rural Fire, EMS, and the Sheriff's Office, it appears that are mainly using DMR, which is a form of digital transmissions that your scanner cannot decode. However, some of the DMR frequencies are also listed as analog, so at times, they may be scannable with the WS1040 if not using DMR.

See the Wiki article for more on the DMR mode, as well as what units can decode it. Also see http://forums.radioreference.com/ar...-forum/342318-dmr-franklin-logan-couties.html

Status
Not open for further replies.