Whistler WS1065 Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdu123

Hi.
Please could someone help me link my scanner to my PC.
I've installed all the files from the Whistler website but the PC still does not see the Scanner, I've looked in settings and the USB lead is visible!
I have created 4 scan lists in the Eazy Scan software and every time I click on Scanner/SD Card Copy Library to Scanner Memory/SD Card it only shows my external hard drive! (See attatched image)
I'm using Windows 10.
Thank you in advance.
Kris

Attachments

• hh.jpg
    hh.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 26

baker50021

Before we get into what Windows version you have the most common mistake is the scanner needs to be powered down for windows to recognize it, it's a Whistler thing...

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
WS1065 doesn't use ezscan or a memory card. Maybe your radio is actually a WS1095?

Yes as mentioned above power it down or also shut the radio off and remove the memory card and put in the computer and you can do everything their from updating the database in it, firmware update and your lists. Once done just put card back in the radio and power it up. Its also faster.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
iMONITOR, based on what was mentioned in message 1... ezscan and memory card, it cant be the ws1065, so it wouldn't work for Kdu123.
I concur though on psredit500 as well, I use it.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
iMONITOR, based on what was mentioned in message 1... ezscan and memory card, it cant be the ws1065, so it wouldn't work for Kdu123.
I concur though on psredit500 as well, I use it.

True. The OP is a little confusing. I guess he should clear that up first.

Kdu123

WS1065 doesn't use ezscan or a memory card. Maybe your radio is actually a WS1095?

Yes as mentioned above power it down or also shut the radio off and remove the memory card and put in the computer and you can do everything their from updating the database in it, firmware update and your lists. Once done just put card back in the radio and power it up. Its also faster.
Hi Ronaldski, I bought it new yesterday and it is the WS1065. It came with the USB lead which my Windows 10 can see but it still doesn't link it to the PC! I can enter the frequencies manually but when it comes to alpha tagging it only accepts "B" and no other letter! Perhaps I have a bad one? I will try the software that iMONITOR recommends. It's just a shame as I've already set up all my scan lists in EZscan Lol

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Your using the WRONG software then ...:sneaky::rolleyes:

Download the software as shown in message 4. You'll get a 30 day free trial as well. Nice thing is when you startup psredit500 it will alert you if the drivers aren't installed, if it just starts up, the drivers were installed.
You have maximum 1,852 memory to listen to on that model, for each county or agency just assign it different numbers(scanlist).

It would also be so helpful to let us know what counties, agencies you want. Some areas are phase II that the 1065 can't do, simulcast maybe and its issues that the radio is lousy at, maybe encryption un use? That way if we see issues for your radio, you wont waste time setting up the radio again :) You don't have your location in your profile.

Last edited:

Kdu123

@Kdu123 Download PSREdit500 software and try that and you should be all set.

PSREdit500 allows you to program all the features of the following scanner models:
  • GRE PSR-500
  • GRE PSR-600
  • GRE PSR-500c
  • GRE PSR-600c
  • Radio Shack PRO-106
  • Radio Shack PRO-197
  • Radio Shack PRO-651
  • Radio Shack PRO-652
  • Whistler WS1040
  • Whistler WS1065
You're also going to need a Radio Reference Premium Membership.

[/
@Kdu123 Download PSREdit500 software and try that and you should be all set.

PSREdit500 allows you to program all the features of the following scanner models:
  • GRE PSR-500
  • GRE PSR-600
  • GRE PSR-500c
  • GRE PSR-600c
  • Radio Shack PRO-106
  • Radio Shack PRO-197
  • Radio Shack PRO-651
  • Radio Shack PRO-652
  • Whistler WS1040
  • Whistler WS1065
You're also going to need a Radio Reference Premium Membership.
Thank you iMONITOR. I've installed that software and everything is working fine now. Your help has been very much appreciated :)

Kdu123

Your using the WRONG software then ...:sneaky::rolleyes:

Download the software as shown in message 4. You'll get a 30 day free trial as well. Nice thing is when you startup psredit500 it will alert you if the drivers aren't installed, if it just starts up, the drivers were installed.
You have maximum 1,852 memory to listen to on that model, for each county or agency just assign it different numbers(scanlist).

It would also be so helpful to let us know what counties, agencies you want. Some areas are phase II that the 1065 can't do, simulcast maybe and its issues that the radio is lousy at, maybe encryption un use? That way if we see issues for your radio, you wont waste time setting up the radio again :) You don't have your location in your profile.
Hi
I downloaded the other software that iMONITOR suggested and it's sent all the info directly to the Scanner whoooo.
I am in Gloucestershire (UK) and will look at setting that in my profile. Thank you for all your help :)

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Arc 500 from Butel will also get you the desired results. I have used it since the RS version of that radio was first sold.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Gloucestershire county, in psredit500, no trunked radio systems listed and only items to download are about a dozen analog frequencies that any non digital scanner get. That's what I see here in psredit500. So my take, didn't need a digital scanner and could use just an analog scanner, less money.

The trunked radio systems in England are tetra, dmr, nxdn and mpt that arent able to be tuned in by the 1065, unless you wanted the US Air Force which is P25.

If you wanted to get any of those at least nxdn or dmr, a Uniden scanner with an upgrade for each digital mode would work to get those if your in radio range.

Status
Not open for further replies.