Whistler WS1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEJ69

Premium Subscriber
Greetings! I am new to the digital scanners of today unlike the scanners of the early years (Pre Mid 1990's).
I am trying to program a WS1065 scanner, to my knowledge the program was successful from this site to the scanner but now the scanner is not scanning/receiving any radio transmissions.
Reading the directions from the user manual is of no help. Either I am not understanding the process or a step is missing.
Is there anyone out there that is able to give suggestions as to what I am doing wrong or not doing?
Frustrated in New York

tvengr

Well Known Member
Hi! Welcome to Radio Reference. To be able to help, we need to know your city and county. which agencies you want to monitor, and what programming software you are using. Did you turn on the scan lists by pressing their numbers on the keypad? What does the display show?

KEJ69

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply. A fellow colleague downloaded the program. From that point on, following the directions in the user manual is not jiving. I followed the instructions but there seems to be a step missing. I can not find a "scan" list. Maybe I am not recognizing it. Sadly, after following the steps several times, the scanner is now in an error mode and can not do anything. So, I am gong to attempt to reprogram the scanner myself and see what happens.

To answer the area, Capital Region NYS. Programming is from Radio Reference, Software (disk) did not come with the scanner.

tvengr

Well Known Member
To download from the Radio Reference database, you need one of the software programs available for your scanner: ARC500, Win500, or PSREdit500. I use Butel ARC500 Basic. It is possible to program the scanner manually, which I have done, but programming software is so much faster and easier. I see that the Capital Region covers a large area. Can you be more specific with your city and county?

KEJ69

Premium Subscriber
Saratoga County NY. I was able to reset the scanner to the factory default to clear out the HEAP error.
I then was able to upload the data to the scanner. Depressing Program then Global is where I am lost as I can not find the scan list. It also displayed a prompt that leads me to believe the data is not accessible.
I did Use one of the software programs you mentioned, I am not at home to give you the specifics. I appreciate your attempt to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.