Whistler WS1065

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone who owns a whistler WS 1065 scanner has had poor reception issues when monitoring the 160-161 MHz railroad bands ?
My TRX-1 does very well , however the 1065 doesn't seem to pick up much at all even with outdoor antenna my antenna is a vhf Hi 5 db gain 155 to 165 MHz fiberglass vertical and always performed well on rail frequencies on all my scanners except the WS 1065

Swipesy

My GRE PSR-500 and GRE PSR-800 were never very good on railroad bands even when connected to specifically tuned antenna. I finally gave them up and went to a Uniden BC125AT which is excellent on rail bands

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Okay thanks
I have two 1065's and there is no discernible difference in performance between the railroad segment of high band or the other portions of the band. Make sure no nearby FM or weather stations are desensitizing your receiver front end.

GRE and Whistler are well known for desensitization from nearby transmitters. If you live in an urban area you most likely are having desensitization issues with your 1065. If that is the case, you should buy a PAR FM filter or other high quality band filter.