Whistler WS1080 EZSCAN software Download Now on Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchy243mhz

Sorry I gotta ask, is there any way that this software can be used with the PSR-800? If this is covered elsewhere in this forum, my apologies upfront.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
EZScan Software Whister WS1080

Maybe. The trouble I had was the USB cable didn't do all functions when using the older version of the GRE PSR 800 with the WS1080. I could update the Library for the Scanner and use it on the WS1080, but it kept showing errors doing any other updates. It might work. You can always re-format the card if not.

Last edited by a moderator:

lt307

Premium Subscriber
EZ Scan

I have a GRE PSR 800 running EZ Scan version 1.08. Just for the heck of it I downloaded the Whistler 1080 version of EZ Scan version 1.09. I formatted the SD card and used the library to build a scan list. When I put the SD card into my 800 I got an error message that said Code5-00 and said to see the user guide for more information. On the 1080 user guide it says the error codes can be located in the FAQ portion of the Whistler website. There were no error codes on the website. Unless I am doing something wrong version 1.09 will not work in a PSR 800.

lt307

Premium Subscriber
Disregard the Prior Post

User error on my part. I got the EZ Scan version 1.09 to work in my PSR 800. Next challenge is to see if the updates work.

SCPD

QRT
whistler

User error on my part. I got the EZ Scan version 1.09 to work in my PSR 800. Next challenge is to see if the updates work.

it will do anything but update the firmware something on the scanner is different,but am able to update database and move files around.Yay

lt307

Premium Subscriber
User Error

My issue was that I did not format the SD drive correctly through EZ Scan. Once I did that I was able to set up my PSR 800 using version 1.09. I just hope someone is able to figure out how to update the firmware using 1.09 in the PSR 800. I am in New Jersey and the new 700 mhz statewide system has numerous talkgroups that are TDMA that sometimes do not decode properly. I am hoping that any firmware updates might correct that.

SCPD

QRT
Phase 2 with the 1080?

My issue was that I did not format the SD drive correctly through EZ Scan. Once I did that I was able to set up my PSR 800 using version 1.09. I just hope someone is able to figure out how to update the firmware using 1.09 in the PSR 800. I am in New Jersey and the new 700 mhz statewide system has numerous talkgroups that are TDMA that sometimes do not decode properly. I am hoping that any firmware updates might correct that.

The real question is does the Whistler 1080 do a good job on phase 2....
If someone can I hope they show us.

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
version 1.09

I downloaded the new version and had no using it with my PSR800. The only problem is when attempting to update the library or sync the clock, the EZScan says the scanner is nor connected to the computer. I can configure in both directions with no problem.
could this be a driver issue?

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
Library Updates

Using the updated EZScan software from Whistler on my PSR800, I successfully updated my scanner without any problems. As stated in an earlier post, syncing the two to sync time or access the CPU update generates the message that the scanner is not connected to the computer. Driver issue?

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
ok I got a question for whoever has the whistler ws1080 or the Grecom PSR800. can you program these scanners like a scanner when you hit the program button punch in the frequency and hit enter? also I listen to the NJSP and I use to just scan specific talk groups instead of listening to stuff 2 hrs away from me . Can you just listen to specific talk groups ? been out of the scanner game for a while and this is the one I brought to get back into it !! what the he@# was I thinking ! a little overwhelming!!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Whistler WS1080 EZScan Software Download Now on Site

Yes, you can. EZSCAN Whistler Version - Using STANDARD in scroll/Library Import area allows you to select your STATE, THEN the System-SITE like a State Police system, then click the Talk-groups button. It's best to use STANDARD because using County or category import selections will just give you everything. Standard lets you pare everything down to the talkgroups you want for the State Site you choose. One thing about the EZScan software, you have to go up to "Advanced" top right to select the tabs to be opened on the bottom of the page. For some reason they don't show all the needed tabs at the bottom as default, you have to open them up for use just to see them. I used the EZSCAN GRE PSR800 version too, but Whistler told me over the phone it won't work by using their version with the PSR800 and vice-versa. It's true, you can update the library, but nothing else will update. GRE's site still has the software downloads so I'd be using that if the radio was the GRE PSR800. You're right about the new scanners, I miss the days of the old 453.900 on the Tollways you could hear for long distances, nice and easy to program and monitor. This is like anything though, I've got it down now with use and practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
So please let me make sure that I have the comments correct.

You can use Whistler-EZScan Software version 1.09 on the GRE PSR-800?

You can upgrade the GRE PSR-800 with the Whistler CPU and DSP firmware?

SCPD

QRT
Firmware and Cpu update do Not work.
You can do database tasks only if you formatted the sd card with the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.