Whistler WS1088 and WS1098 On Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

trp2525

trp2525

Got my 1088 from walmart for less just yesterday!

The current price for the WS1088 at Walmart is $357.98 (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Whistler-WS1088-Digital-Handheld-Radio-Scanner/49115446) which is currently lower than Zip Scanners' sale price BUT Walmart charges sales tax where applicable. If your state/local sales tax is 6.14% or less, Walmart's full delivered price would be lower. If your state/local sales tax is higher than 6.14%, Zip Scanners' full delivered price would be lower. So YMMV depending on your state/local sales tax rate.

Zip_Scanners

The current price for the WS1088 at Walmart is $357.98 (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Whistler-WS1088-Digital-Handheld-Radio-Scanner/49115446) which is currently lower than Zip Scanners' sale price BUT Walmart charges sales tax where applicable. If your state/local sales tax is 6.14% or less, Walmart's full delivered price would be lower. If your state/local sales tax is higher than 6.14%, Zip Scanners' full delivered price would be lower. So YMMV depending on your state/local sales tax rate.

Thanks for dropping a note and number munching the sales tax on this; thanks!
There is price matching as well in case you do not have sales tax in your State. Cheers.

DJ11DLN

Ordered 2 WS-1098's from Walmart yesterday, should have them tomorrow. The way they have things set up here I would probably end up paying the IN sales tax regardless of source, so WM had the deal. And I understand the need to fund government, so I have no problem paying it. I can't wait, I know it will be a lot like programming my Pro-18 and -668, but new toys are always a thrill...even for us old farts.:D

Giving one of these away to an old friend who is now 100% disabled. He's a long time scanner junkie but he can't afford a modern scanner. Hopefully this will brighten his day.

milcom_chaser

Thought the 1098 is discontinued. So, this will become an unsupported radio. Seems the TRX would be a better long term investment with RF component change out, and larger code space in the newer CPU...

DJ11DLN

Discontinued, yes, but not unsupported
+1. Can't see them pulling support, that would be a huge slap in the face to customers. 1080/1095 are discontinued but still supported...though they're really the same as the 1088/1098 except for the keypad. I don't think Whistler would be that stupid. Remember, they're still fairly new to the scanner game. They've managed to establish a pretty loyal customer base...they do not want to lose that!

Status
Not open for further replies.