White Fire Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfdadams

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the comm world and am getting in as a comm tech for CA-USAR 6. I am assisting our department with this narrow banding issue and am making up a pocket guide for our radios and frequently used mutual aid frequencies. Now what is the protocol for White Fire. I hear White Fire 1 is not to be used in Riverside County but is a state wide channel now and White Fire 2 is used mainly on the west end and White fire 3 is used on the east end. Is this correct if not can someone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Chris

" First step to failure is a lack of communication"

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Hey Everyone,

I am new to the comm world and am getting in as a comm tech for CA-USAR 6. I am assisting our department with this narrow banding issue and am making up a pocket guide for our radios and frequently used mutual aid frequencies. Now what is the protocol for White Fire. I hear White Fire 1 is not to be used in Riverside County but is a state wide channel now and White Fire 2 is used mainly on the west end and White fire 3 is used on the east end. Is this correct if not can someone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Chris

" First step to failure is a lack of communication"

By FCC Rule [47 CFR 90.20(d)(19)] the White / VFIRE frequencies are for INTERSYSTEM use (cannot be used by a single department). As of June 1, by California policy, White 2 and White 3 are to be narrowbanded and operated low power only, with the channel names changed to "VFIRE 22" and "VFIRE 23" to comply with National standards, and the names WHITE 2 and WHITE 3 are obsolete.

As previously noted you may wish to obtain a copy of the California I-FOG. In addition you may want to obtain a copy of the National Interoperability Field Operations Guide, which you can order or download from the DHS SAFECOM Program's website at National Interoperability Field Operations Guide.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Hi Chris,

Regarding Riv Co White usage:
I think that may have been temporary until all the reprogramming was completed for narrowbanding. Did you hear this recently?

Also Check out the official CalEMA doc:

http://www.oes.ca.gov/Operational/OESHome.nsf/PDF/Fire%20Bulletins%202007/$file/Operations%20Bulletin%2028.pdf

Mark
Your neighbor in Corona.......

ajohansson

Chris,

Please talk to Jeff Loveland about all of this. We have established a Riv Co Fire Chief's Comm Working Group which Jeff is a part of. Just curious who told you White 1 wasn't to be used and the allocation of White 2 and 3.

Just to clarify like others posted. White 1 is still good for this season. White 2 and 3 Narrowbanded and renamed VFIRE 22 and 23. These are simplex channels and will work fine Wide to Narrow if someone gets missed. June 1 is cut over for the name change.

These frequencies are good to use everywhere.

AJ

Your other neighbor in Corona.

Last edited:

rfdadams

Thank you all for your suggestions, I should have double checked my facts and asked the right person within my department. I am very new and very intrested in the communication field but as I said very green and need alot to learn, but thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.