White Lake, Milford No Broadcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrequenC

I am new to digital scanners and just purchased a PSR-500, I cant seem to program any frequency. The radio picks up NOAA. I am using psr edit. windows7, I download database frequencies but recieve no transmissions from these cities, White Lake and Milford. Have they changed their system type just recently, I am just down the street from them so I know its not that I am to far to pick up their signal.. The only freq I seem to be able to get intermittently is 154.43000 Fire Station 1
Your opinions and advice would be most helpful.
Lee

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
OpenSky Country

I am new to digital scanners and just purchased a PSR-500, I cant seem to program any frequency. The radio picks up NOAA. I am using psr edit. windows7, I download database frequencies but recieve no transmissions from these cities, White Lake and Milford. Have they changed their system type just recently, I am just down the street from them so I know its not that I am to far to pick up their signal.. The only freq I seem to be able to get intermittently is 154.43000 Fire Station 1
Your opions and advice would be most helpful.
Lee

If White Lake and Milford are in Oakland County, then I'm guessing they are on the counties MA/COM's OpenSky system.
No one makes a scanner that can recieve OpenSky.

Last edited:

FrequenC

Oakland County

White Lake is in Oakland County, I guess I may as well send the scanner back, this is where I live. What a disappointment, I guess I will need to cancel my feed provider link and get out of the scanning game all together. Because White Lake was in the RR database I assumed that they were accessible. I would have never purchased the scanner had I known this was the case. Thanks for your quick response.

Last edited:

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
The database shows a fire dispatch freq of 154.160. Even if they switched over to OpenSky they may still be paging out on that freq.

W8KNX

Premium Subscriber
I've been able to hear White Lake PD, White Lake FD, Milford PD, and Milford FD this afternoon with no problems...

As listed in the database all work:

Milford PD - 424.125
Milford FD - 154.430
White Lake PD - 423.650
White Lake FD - 154.160

None of them sound like they have any patching going on, but who knows when/if they will end up on Open Sky.

RayAir

White Lake is in Oakland County, I guess I may as well send the scanner back, this is where I live. What a disappointment, I guess I will need to cancel my feed provider link and get out of the scanning game all together. Because White Lake was in the RR database I assumed that they were accessible. I would have never purchased the scanner had I known this was the case. Thanks for your quick response.

If you don't hear anything on 423.650, then WLPD switched to OpenScam.
There wasn't much traffic on that frequency anyway. They used a lot of MDT.

UPDATE: White Lake PD is still on 423.650. Don't know about Milford.

Last edited:

freqs

There is still some active talk groups on the old Oakland Co Trunked System .Sheriff West , North ,Corrections, Fugitive Team ,Wixom I have picked up in the past few weeks .
I see some 700 MHz for interops fire ground not sure how active they are but the GRE 500 can pick those freqs up .MPSCS allways active with the MSP and other users so the 500 is good for that as well so not all is lost for you .

pjbracing

Premium Subscriber
I heard White Lake Fire yesterday on 154.16.

You better check about Open Sky, there are some fire departments that are not switching over yet and for the most part, they must retain the old frequencies for paging.

RayAir

There is still some active talk groups on the old Oakland Co Trunked System .Sheriff West , North ,Corrections, Fugitive Team ,Wixom I have picked up in the past few weeks .
I see some 700 MHz for interops fire ground not sure how active they are but the GRE 500 can pick those freqs up .MPSCS allways active with the MSP and other users so the 500 is good for that as well so not all is lost for you .

Yeah, for another week or two. Listen to the sound of the audio from the mobile or portable units. If it sounds muffled and has an echo ( or is garbled) that indicates it is a patch from the Open Sky system to the analog TRS. OCSD West Patrol (112) is all Open Sky, but still is being patched. OCSD North Patrol (16) has some O/S radios, but all units are not equipped yet (hence the patching). Wixom PD has all units equipped with O/S radios, but they continue to patch also. Give it another month at the most and I bet the patching will end.

MSP 1104(?) is a patch also.

freqs

I noticed all the jail and EMS<> Hospital talk groups are actice what is the time for them to switch to OPEN -Sky as well

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
I noticed all the jail and EMS<> Hospital talk groups are actice what is the time for them to switch to OPEN -Sky as well

We've already got our radios (hand helds), just waiting for all of the hospitals to go on-line. Once that happens, EMS -> Hospital will go away as well.

mrfjr

Whitelake, Milford No Broadcast

I programmed the Milford police Frequency in the database and it does not pick up any dispatches.

Has there been any updates for their frequency?

fnnm1062

longtime member
As mentioned in here already and various other Oakland County threads, most of Oakland County has switched to the OpenSky system. This system is currently not monitorable, however some departments are simulcasting or patched to their old uhf or vhf frequencies, which will still allow you to hear them. My guess is if you cant hear Milford, they chose not to patch or simulcast

kc8vlv

the question was posted as weather broadcasts on ? mpscs . open or white lake fire department the post was very,, well hard to understand..

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
There are no weather broadcasts on MPSCS. He was saying that he can hear NOAA weather radio so knows his radio works, and wasn't aware that the departments he wants to listen to cannot be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.