White noise during broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

camfireguy

Feed Provider
I am currently broadcasting my scanner feed and have been for a while now. I am running my feed in stereo, left side for Fire and right side for Police. The fire scanner I am using is a bct15x. Since day 1 there has been "white noise" coming from the fire channel during inactive periods. I have checked my settings on my computer to see if the amp was up to loud for the left side, but everything mimics the right side, but the right channel is broadcasting fine. Does anyone know what this annoying problem could be? I have let it go for a while now, but figured I would try and get it fixed.

If you want to hear what I am talking about then go to Yakima Police Fire scanner :: Scanner Home

Thank you very much!

DickH

... Since day 1 there has been "white noise" coming from the fire channel during inactive periods. ...
If you want to hear what I am talking about then go to Yakima Police Fire scanner :: Scanner Home

Thank you very much!

White noise is when you open the squelch. I am hearing A/C hum on the fire side. You may have a ground loop in the connections.
Try running a wire between the chassis of the two scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.