White Plains P25 Federal System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarms50

While in downtown White Plains today I picked up some Signal Stalker transmissions on my Pro2051. The transmissions were on 417.2000MHz and sounded like P25. Since the 2051 is analog only, I am posting this for others with digital to keep an ear open on this freq and see if it "is in the clear". This may have something to do with the Federal Courthouse, as I was in the vicinity of the train station when I picked up these signals.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
While in downtown White Plains today I picked up some Signal Stalker transmissions on my Pro2051. The transmissions were on 417.2000MHz and sounded like P25. Since the 2051 is analog only, I am posting this for others with digital to keep an ear open on this freq and see if it "is in the clear". This may have something to do with the Federal Courthouse, as I was in the vicinity of the train station when I picked up these signals.

That would be the Federal Protective Service, part of the Department of Homeland Security. The patrol federal property, and may or may not be operating with encryption.

- Chris

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
I hear that freq full quieting by the Fed Court house in Central Islip. The base ID's itself as "26 Fed Plaza". I'm quessing that every Fed Court house has a remote for the Fed Protection HQ in Manhattan. Oh, yes its P25 and in the clear.

Last edited:

ecps92

FPS, when not run locally [day times in the Big City] are centrally dispatched by one of the FPS Mega-Centers.

FPS MegaCenters provide three primary security services -- alarm monitoring, radio monitoring, and dispatching of FPS police officers and contract security officers.

These and other services are provided around the clock from four locations -- Battle Creek, Michigan; Denver, Colorado; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Suitland, Maryland.

Philadelphia covers into New England and many of the Rptr sites are [Patched] linked so it provides
seemless communications thru the entire region

I hear that freq full quieting by the Fed Court house in Central Islip. The base ID's itself as "26 Fed Plaza". I'm quessing that every Fed Court house has a remote for the Fed Protection HQ in Manhattan. Oh, yes its P25 and in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.