Who adds/removes frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVE392

I was just curious who adds ore removes frequencies from broadcasitfy when you go through radio reference? I'de like to be able to listen to more Bergen County, NJ towns that are not digital but the list is always the same. I dont know how the whole thing works with streaming the audio and such so thats why I ask that and when there's a large event going on somewhere in county i've seen on some facebook groups channels just seem to appear for all to listen to whats going on, and then when its died down, that freq. is no longer available in the list.

W8VFD

Feed Provider
I would have to say that it's pretty much up to the feed provider as far as what streams on any given feed.

I was just curious who adds ore removes frequencies from broadcasitfy when you go through radio reference? I'de like to be able to listen to more Bergen County, NJ towns that are not digital but the list is always the same. I dont know how the whole thing works with streaming the audio and such so thats why I ask that and when there's a large event going on somewhere in county i've seen on some facebook groups channels just seem to appear for all to listen to whats going on, and then when its died down, that freq. is no longer available in the list.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...-where-did-feed-go-how-get-my-area-added.html

The above link explains how the feeds work. Not sure what you mean by facebook group channels.

STEVE392

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...-where-did-feed-go-how-get-my-area-added.html

The above link explains how the feeds work. Not sure what you mean by facebook group channels.

thanks for the link it did explain it for me. As for the FB group, there is a fire buff group that i belong too and when we had an active shooter situation last year everyone wanted to hear the PD's frequency but it was not listed under radioreference/broadcastify, when someone asked if it could monitored, literally in seconds the frequency was up for all to listen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.