Who can identify this radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0PEZ

This was taken from an episode of The Dukes Of Hazzard titled "Sitting Dukes" where Boss Hogg stomps on it when he can't turn off the commercial advertising food, while he was on a forced diet. Wonder ign if anyone can identify the make and model?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Boss Hoggs radio.JPG
    Boss Hoggs radio.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 307

Boombox

It is either a GE clock radio or a Zenith -- being that I can't really see it from the front, I can not tell exactly which. GE made several clock radios during the 60's and early 70's that were AM only, big clear dial on the right, clock on the left. Speaker on the bottom, plastic grille across the front. The earlier ones were tube and then they went transistor, keeping the clock the same and the grille the same and the dial the same.

Zenith had a similar model, with a slanted style grille similar to the one in the pic. It had the speaker in the middle like the pic does. The Zeniths I've seen had smaller tuning dials, though.

Of course, it's possible it's a completely different brand and just looks like the GE or Zenith ones I am familiar with. It's probably a mid to late sixties clock radio, though, and whether it has tubes or transistors probably depends on the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.