Who did you work today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elk2370bruce

Saturday AM showed some dx on 15 meters USB. Worked two German, Austrian, European Russia, and Poland. Got some contestors on 20m USB from Finland, Denmark, Norway, Estonia and Lithuania. 20 CW was hot with some VK and JA's bombing in. Heard a KL7 but was not able to work him.

k9rzz

10 meters is *HOT* this weekend. Europe is bombing in here right now @1345z and last night was one of the best JA openings I have ever heard in my 35 years as a ham. Guys with 100 watts and dipoles were S9, bigger stations were +20db over 9. Japanese from the bottom all the way up through FM (the first time I have ever heard JAs on FM).

Go get some!

VA3QRM

10/15/2011 10 meters

Running mobile; in and around my local area ( pulled over or parked of course...no distracted driving here..... ) with a 25 watt ancient Radio Shack HTX-100 and a Comet; or dubious knock off, mono band antenna. Have worked Russia, Japan, Croatia, Italy, Alaska...the list goes on and on. While the sunspots are there, enjoy. Dust off that radio from the last solar cycle and have some fun.

elk2370bruce

Every morning, at 0730 eastern, there is a great dx net on 14.238,5 - the Southern Cross net. Very well run and great net controller. Just listen to who is on, respond with the last two letters of your call when prompted by net control. Very nice people and lots of good dx.

k8krh

I wrkd t32c..christmas island...un1l...poland on rtty and psk63

DOCTOR/795

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Got T32C on 3 more band modes within about an hours' time this evening. For the past 2-3 weeks I've been jumping on 10m in the morning and working EU / Russia with ease. Also worked 4Z5AD on 10m CW. Fun times on 10m. I work all over the place on the other bands all year round, but 10m has been dead to EU and further for some time [for midwesterners on low dipoles]. I'm gettin while the gettin's good.

Mike

mm

EA8CAC, 28 MHz SSB canary island
RZ1ZZ Siberia, 28 SSB
T32C on 29.585 FM,
Japan on 29.3 FM
BD4RQ nangking china on 28.518 SSB

others that I can't remember but had WAC in one week, 3 times in a row on 10 meters.

Band is open to every continent up here in the north west

all while mobile in ORE.

K4APR

Over the weekend 10 meters was just booming! I worked a bunch of DX:

Croatia
Slovenia
Czech Rep.
Russia (Moscow)
Spain
Mexico
and some others that I can't think of off the top of my head

What a blast to see 10 meters making a come back in the cycle!

gcgrotz

Random thoughts:

I was copying the WA7LNW 5 watt beacon in Utah on 28.288 the other day here in central VA.

I've been a ham for 35 years and never worked Japan. I hate all you left-coasters. Of course for me, Europe on 40 is like talking to a local.

Everyone that is not very active: this weekend is the CQ Worldwide SSB DX contest. Very easy to work tons of DX, even with 100 watts and a bad antenna. Go for it!

Last edited:

mm

East coast, West coast it's all a matter of antennas, time of day, location and lots of patience.

I'm at sea level and just 45 miles in from the coast but I have no salt water enhancement and no height enhancement.

My conclusion is that while all of my operation is 70 to 100 watt mobile FM and SSB I have no choice but to use a vertical so I have to use as efficient antenna as possible and search around for the loud stations and call and wait until I get thru, especially with the insane pileups on 10 meters lately.

This week it was all Europe, (Scotland, Portugal) and New Zealand and South America easily on FM and SSB on the first or second calls while for some reason the Asians (China BY's and Japanese JA's) were hard to get, it took several calls each while a few weeks ago it was the opposite with easy Asian contacts and frustrating to hear loud Europeans that could not copy me.

MIke

SCPD

QRT
I tried to work some stations (mostly Europeans and some big American Stations) ... but just couldn't do it. I have antenna issues which I hope to fix in the next day or so.

The contest this weekend was great listening anyways .. I just wish that my signal was getting out better.

elk2370bruce

Contest this weekend was lots of fun. Worked more than a hundred stations, mostly Europe and Caribbean, without any difficulty during just a few hours. Did not get that magical 100th country for my phone DXCC! PSK on 17 and 20 has also been fun and satisfying with Africa and Oceana regions received at clear copy levels. 15 meters cw was also decent this weekend.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I worked V85/9M8Z @00:55Z on 28.505Mhz As I write this he is still pounding out contacts. Very weak here is Edmonton. Had to confirm the call with him as I had not heard V85/ station before

kc4jgc

While driving my big rig in NC yesterday (Winston-Salem and Greensboro area) I worked EA8 (Canary Islands) and J7 (Dominica) on 10 ssb. Using HTX-100 that I recently bought after my original '100 died.
Also heard beacons in VE4 (Manitoba) and XE (Mexico). Have not heard any of the IARU beacons on 28.2

Status
Not open for further replies.