Who do you listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
Who do you listen to on a regular basis?

I always have on:

I monitor and provide a feed for Burlington County North Central Patrol Zone 3 (previously known as P3). Ive been listening to this channel for a little more than 15 years.

I also have a basic scanner listening to the Philly helicopter traffic channel, SPEN 1, Mt Holly & Eastampton Township bands and some simplex ham freqs (thanks to trsundstrom).

More than 50% of the time I have on:

The State Police: C3-5, the Air Channel and the Medevac Channel.

On the computer I listen to Mel's Garage (NYPD Zone 4, Midtown North, Midtown South and 17 pcts) & the Special Operations Division channels. Sometimes I have Phila PD & Camden City up as well.

What do you listen to?

nursepen

what I listen to

From where I'm at in Camden county I monitor Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Philly,Bucks,and Montgomery counties in addition I listen to philly International and new york and washington dc air pace a
,NJSP

scannersnstuff

when i'm in my monitoring post, this is how i split it up.

radio 1 : all vhf fire frequencies in monmouth county. select vhf fire for ocean,middlesex,bergen. radio is a vhf kenwood portable, connected to attic mounted discone.

radio 2 : select vhf fq's like spen,some milair,coast guard, njsp medevacs & air channel. have select other talkgroups <mostly locked out>. all my uhf stuff. fire,notification nets,digital,some federal. radio is a bcd996xt.connected to the attic mounted discone.

radio 3 : spectrumsweeper only. radio used to be a gre psr-400 connected to a room mounted discone. sold. looking at replacement radio's.

radio 4: backup stuff/spot monitoring. radio is a bc898t. connected to the attic mounted discone.

radio 5: fire allocations. the entire spectrum. radio is a bct15. currently not connected to an antenna.

radio 6: milair/selec spot monitoring. radio is a pro-2006. currently not connected to an antenna.

i run a stridsberg 4 port multicoupler.

my shack will be undergoing a revamp pretty soon. spring cleaning time. i forgot. fire pager on most all of the time,except for period's of sleep.
mine,not the pager's.

i listen to as little police chatter as possible. ems is slightly annoying too.

Last edited by a moderator:

fireted

Premium Subscriber
long beach island PD, long beach island fd/ems, Ocean county fire trunk system, coast guard 16, spen1, sj Fire net, when the weather is right NJ forest fire service. And when I'm free/ bored I listen to other random stuff.

grogan

I listen to Franklinville NJ police,Monroe twp NJ police,Glassboro police and Rowan univ. police.I have the newer chanels programed in from the database but found most switch over to the old chanels for car to car etc. I have the fire programed but olny mointor if something interesting comes across the police freq. I used to listen to the whole county and Phila police but I enjoy the local stuff and follow it more closely. I have olny one scanner so from time to time I stop manually to listen to one chanel.
I also listen on-line to the 147.345 repeater in LA. sometimes when out I listen thru my-iphone.I use 5-0 radio free version

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
123.025 is the helicopter philly traffic freq. Basically all thats said is pilots announcing where they are, where theyre headed and altitude. they use the bf bridge, zoo, and other big landmarks as reference points. Take off and landings mostly on Delaware Ave pier. Its pretty neat though

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Majority of the time, unlocked or on across the multiple radios are...

-Union County TRS
-Union County municipalities
-NJSP Parkway North/Central
-NJSP Medevac North
-SPEN 1
-Amtrak Northeast Division West
-NJTransit Newark Division
-PAPD Newark Int'l ARTFF

Last edited:

jaymatt1978

I listen to
Bergen County--everything
Passaic County--everything
Rockland County
Westchester
Orange County
then fire epartments only in, Essex and Hudson Countiesz
Air
Marine
Railroad

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
At work all with individual radios:
Westchester County Trunked System with Spectra almost exclusively w/ Unitrunker running 24/7 365 on a Maxtrac.
NYCDOITT Trunked FDNY with a Astro Spectra w/Unitrunker sometimes on a Maxtrac
Various Westchester PD's CDM-1250
DC Fire CDM-1250
Metro North RR CDM-1250 and Zetron Console

At home:
Westchester County Trunked System with a Spectra
NYCDOITT FDNY with an Astro Spectra
Conn State Police with Astro Spectra
DC Fire and Ulster Fire with CDM-1550ls
Various DC PD's CDM-1550 ls
East Fishkill PD CDM 1550 ls

rmosier

My feed two channel and covers Morris County, and NJSP. The left channel is a Uniden BCD396XT and covers Morris TRS, NJSP, SPEN, The new PSIC, and various DOJ like FBI, ATF, DEA. The right channel is my AOR AR8200 and it handles the conventional stuff. PD's, EMS, FIre, and UTAC/ITAC's. If I hear of something I think people will be interested in (like the plane crash on 80) I'll try to cover it as best I can. I'm always looking for something new and interesting to monitor. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.