• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Who has a M/A-Com ribless cable for Jaguars, MRKs, etc? Need info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I've got a couple ribless programming cables for Panther 300M radios that are absolutely useless to me.

The ribless adapter in the middle of the cable is universal.

If I knew what the wiring was for the radio side of the adapter, I could easily turn one of these cables
into a Jaguar/7100 programming cable using a radio connector and cable (universal adapter cable)
that I've already got lying around.

Could anyone who has that cable be so kind as to carefully open up the adapter module and take
a pic of the wiring to the radio cable, and do the same for the radio connector itself,
or, alternatively, provide a wiring diagram that will give me the data I need?

Thanks,

Elroy

CqDx

Price Industries has ribless cables for jaguars and/or MRKs. They are known to be as good as the OEM cables. I never have a problem with one of them so far.

SCPD

QRT
I believe the wiring diagram is in the help file of the programmer software. In talking to the gentleman from Price Industries on the phone .. thats what he told me.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the hint to look in the help file.

I'm not looking to buy another cable from Price, though. Why, when I've got a perfectly good
cable once I swap out one radio end for another, and it's all factory? I don't need MORE junk,
I need LESS that doesn't do me any good!

Elroy

rmiles

Elroy,

I'd gladly purchase one of those cables from you once you have them assembled! Keep me in mind!

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
I can only make two, IF I have the radio end for the second! I'm adapting two original M/A-Com Panther 300M ribless programming cables to become 7100 cables. Or at least one.

This means I might have one available cable when I'm done but I won't have two.

If you're interested, I do have a couple of orginal TQ3370 RIB boxes that don't work. But I do have
the schematic for them. If you're into doing repairs on things like that, this is a good opportunity
to get the genuine article.

Elroy

rmiles

I have an OEM TQ3370. Bought it brand new. What do you need to make the other cable? Would a speaker mic do?

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
No, I need the schematic for an actual M/A-Com ribless programming cable so I can match up the wiring from the 7100 radio cable side to the RIB eliminator PC board.

And I've checked the help files for both ProGrammer and RPM, and they only show the schematics for
the regular RIB-dependent cable, not for the ribless variety.

Elroy

EngineerZ

No, I need the schematic for an actual M/A-Com ribless programming cable so I can match up the wiring from the 7100 radio cable side to the RIB eliminator PC board.

If the cable you are talking about is M/A-COM-original, I believe what you have is really considered a mobile data cable, not a programming cable per se. Yes, you can use a mobile data cable for programming, but if you ask someone at M/A-COM or search for information for a "ribless programming cable," you may not be successful... You might see if you can get your hands on the schematic for a "mobile data" or "MDT" cable instead.

--z

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
I called M/A-Com's parts ID line and it turns out I've got two KEYLOADER cables here.

I've also got a keyloader for Jaguars, etc. that I'm saving for when I get my DES keyloader repaired.

Though I'm currently running DSP that doesn't allow the use of the handheld keyloader, I can live with
older versions of DSP that DO allow it, in some radios.

It's not like I really NEED to be running F9 series, full P25 trunking with AES, DSP code in a VHF radio
that only gets used for conventional amateur radio operations plus some monitoring of VHF P25
conventional systems. :)

Elroy

JungleJim

Which type of keyloader cable is it? RJ-45 to UDC (RPM1132472/34, TQ3418) or DB-9 to UDC (RPM1132472/36, TQ3415)?

The three ribless cables, programming TQ3419 RPM1132472/35, data HTCJ5Z RPM1132472/33 and keyloader TQ3415RPM1132472/36 are all identical except for the UDC sense resistor on the UDC connector board. There are some filter caps there also but only one resistor. For programming it is 0 Ohms, for data is 1.54 kOhms and for keyloader 2.21 kOhms.

I'm working on getting the pinouts

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
The Jag keyloader cable has a Jag UDC connector on one end and a DB-9 on the other for direct connection to an RS-232 port.

The other two have RJ-45 connectors on one end, and a DB-9 on the other.

The TAC sent me the diagrams I need. But they're not very high quality prints.

Elroy

JungleJim

On the DB-9 to UDC cable just remove the T-6 screw holding the pin board in the UDC shell, locate the sense resistor and solder a short across it. Re-assemble and it is a programming cable.

WCRadioGuy

Well, that's easy! Thanks!

Better yet, I can install a small toggle switch in the housing and make it a dual purpose cable. Keyload
OR program!

Elroy

The ribless cable will work for keyloading and programming without doing anything. For programming, put the radio in program mode and then attach the keyloader cable and program. When complete, the radio resets and automatically goes to keyload mode. Or easier yet, just attach the keyload cable and then put in program mode and program. I use a keyloader cable for both purposes and have not made any mods to the cable.

WCRadioGuy

That's good to know. Of course I'll be checking that out as soon as I get back to work tomorrow. :)

Elroy

The programming cable that I use is a keyloader cable for programming. I only have to carry a single cable instead of one for programming and another for keyloading. Been doing it for a couple of years with no problems.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
Yep, it works. No surprise, though.

Although...I went to modify my usual codeplug and turn on encryption, which is supported in my feature set, and when I went to program the radio it crashed the radio. Personality error, AND loss of feature
encryption and tracking data.

"Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered for just such an emergency."...Foghorn Leghorn.

Having backed up the feature encryption and tracking data (and in multiple locations, no less), it
was quick and easy to recover the radio. I reverted to my last known good codeplug, which has no encryption enabled.

Now, will someone tell me this, please:

The radio has both Aegis and DES options in it. (Options 12 and 14)

I'm not exactly experienced with programming encryption options into the radio, never mind the
fact that at the moment I'm not able to load a key.

What's the procedure for setting up the radio correctly to utilize DES?

My understanding (which could be faulty) is that you have to enable Aegis first, as the radio has
to be in a digital mode (Aegis) before an encryption option can be enabled. (DES, AES, VGE, whatever)

A few pointers on the correct setup would be welcome.

Elroy

Last edited:

JungleJim

Under the system setup select the vocoder to use with the selected system then go to the group set and set the voice mode to analog, unencrypted, or key 1 through 8.

Under Digital Voice Options set the encryption to either forced on or auto select. Read the help file for clarification.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Bringing this back from the dead, trying to find a RPM1132472/34 cable to keyload my Jaguar 700p.

I have enuf spare parts i can build one but i cannot find a pinout for it anywhere. I have one for the Prism series radios and the M-RK's but nothing for the Jags. Any takers????

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.