• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Who has the best prices on the NX-5300's

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I am seeking price quotes from dealers on a new NX-5300 as well as a matching NX-5800 mobile radio. I've seen some commentary around the Internet that in general, I should be able to get between 20-30% off the list prices, which I've also seen several places around the net. What I am seeking is an Amateur Radio friendly dealer in the United States that's offering great deals on these radios. I'm seeking the radio to have the following feature set as well: Conventional Analog FM, NXDN, DMR, 4000 channel option, Front Panel Programmability, MicroSD card slot enabled, Bluetooth data enabled, and obviously the DMR license as the radio would be purchased with Analog and NXDN first.

If anyone could suggest some dealers to reach out to, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and 73...

Jerry, W2GLD

crazyboy

KD4EFM, send him a PM. Great dealer despite what a certain other person here thinks.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Crazyboy, thanks, I've already been in email contact with him as well.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
Be prepared to spend ~1300 a radio. I paid $1000 for mine at dealer cost with most of those options.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Your list price for the NX5400 with L3 battery antenna and basic charger and your options is $2,674.00 plus tax.
Your list price for the NX5800 with your options is $2,493.00 plus tax.
Your best bet would be Government Contract if you work for a City, County, or State Agency and that will still be pricey about $500.00 less. Plus you have not bought the $155.00 software to program your radios and getting a dealer key to add the options you buy will not be easy but it can be done.
Good Luck

Last edited:

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
Not to mention you'll want the KPG-D1N with a WDE license to allow wideband on UHF. This is a seperate license--you don't need the K license (standard version). That's essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.