Who Hear Uses Commercial Equipment To Monitor Federal Activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
As posted above, I am interested in hearing who hear uses commercial equipment to monitor federal activity? I am using a Motorola APX7000.

Also, what frequencies do you monitor in mixed mode? I have the Civil Air Patrol configured for mixed-mode, but it seems like everything else that I monitor is Astro (APCO P25) exclusively.

ecps92

Once and awhile, my EFJ but why tie up a two-way that scans slowly and limited scan lists, when the Scanner is much more efficient.

I could see if it is dedicated to a particular Band with matching antenna to listen, maybe with a base/mobile set-up, which I prev had used in the analog days. But there is just so much out there, that the scanner is probably the best avenue
As posted above, I am interested in hearing who hear uses commercial equipment to monitor federal activity? I am using a Motorola APX7000.

Also, what frequencies do you monitor in mixed mode? I have the Civil Air Patrol configured for mixed-mode, but it seems like everything else that I monitor is Astro (APCO P25) exclusively.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
I use strictly commercial two-way radios for monitoring everything except aircraft (118-136 & 225-380) and Satcom.

All of it is "GE" family of equipment (GE, Ericsson, M/A-Com & Harris), for the simple reason it is all modular, and after 34 years of dealing with it professionally, I can fix it if the need ever arises.

In my area, the Fed agencies who routinely run mixed-mode are: CAP, USFS and the National Park Service. (I can see cars on the Blue Ridge Parkway out my back door!)

JASII

Memory Capacity
Also, with regards to encryption, do most people here find that agencies that encrypt, generally do it 100% of the time? Locally, one of the few that I don't hear encrypting is FPS and possibly TSA.

Delta33

Also, with regards to encryption, do most people here find that agencies that encrypt, generally do it 100% of the time? Locally, one of the few that I don't hear encrypting is FPS and possibly TSA.
We have agencies that have separate talkgroups which are encrypted.

ecps92

YMMV by Region, Agency, Operation etc

Status
Not open for further replies.