Who is not using SAFE-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbrane

I know many agencies are not using SAFE-T at all. Some simulcast but mainly still use VHF or UHF.
Might be nice to get a statewide feel on this for avid listeners.
In the NE I know of Steuben County, Kosciusko County, Allen County, Jay County, Fulton County and Howard County

jtsmith82391

Madison County SO is still using their 800 mhz LTR system. Anderson city uses their conv UHF frequencies. EMA is still UHF as well.

aaron315

Scott county sheriff. Austin and Scottsburg police fire and ems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Not using SAFE T

Vanderburgh has their own EDACS systems for now but it is getting OLD and ready to be replaced. Some Sheriff and AMR traffic on Safe T

KidClerk

Feed Provider
While our surrounding counties are using SAFE-T, Newton County sheriff is probably at 50% usage while fire and EMS is at 5 to 10% usage and still relying on our VHF system as its primary system. I don't see fire/EMS changing any time soon, and until the dead areas are corrected, PD won't get much more active either.

evfd1625

Daviess county is all VHF except for some areas the VHF is lacking, they use Safe-T. Greene County Law uses the trunk system, fire and EMS are on VHF, as are Sullivan and Monroe counties.

aaron315

Owen County Le is on a NXDN system as well. Forgot that one. Not sure about Fire / EMS.

DJ11DLN

Vigo Co./ Terre Haute all Safe-T except for county fire page. VCSD simulcasts on their old VHF freq, but only the base traffic, no mobiles. Oddly THFD is still FM. Nice to hear some non-digital traffic besides the MA's.

Clay Co./Brazil, LE is all Safe-T, fire page still VHF, many VFDs still use VHF intermittently with Safe-T. No simulcast most of the time, other than the initial tone-out.

Parke Co./Rockville, seems to be all Safe-T but fire page. I seldom hear fire traffic on their VHF.

Putnam Co./Greencastle, seems to be all Safe-T. I can't get their VHF fire page anymore, not sure if it moved or reduced power or what so I don't know what they're doing besides fire tones.

But that's just what I can hear...sorry I couldn't contribute an agency definitely not using Safe-T at all.

djbrane

Vigo Co./ Terre Haute all Safe-T except for county fire page. VCSD simulcasts on their old VHF freq, but only the base traffic, no mobiles. Oddly THFD is still FM. Nice to hear some non-digital traffic besides the MA's.

Clay Co./Brazil, LE is all Safe-T, fire page still VHF, many VFDs still use VHF intermittently with Safe-T. No simulcast most of the time, other than the initial tone-out.

Parke Co./Rockville, seems to be all Safe-T but fire page. I seldom hear fire traffic on their VHF.

Putnam Co./Greencastle, seems to be all Safe-T. I can't get their VHF fire page anymore, not sure if it moved or reduced power or what so I don't know what they're doing besides fire tones.

But that's just what I can hear...sorry I couldn't contribute an agency definitely not using Safe-T at all.

That's a great contribution, exactly what info I was looking for.

DJ11DLN

Forgot to mention Vermillion Co./Clinton PD pretty much the same, fire pagers still on VHF, not much else. Sorry for the omission (coffee deficit).

I do keep a couple of old scanners lit up with the VHF freqs just in case there ever is activity...but then I don't drag those around with me the way I do the Pro-18 so I'm sure I miss some stuff. I don't have anything but the Safe-T system progged into it. I had the VHF-Hi stuff all in it too at one time and really should put it back that way but I suppose I'm just too comfortably lazy.

Last edited:

Dalan

Premium Subscriber
All of Elkhart County is still using their old frequencies except for Elklhart City Police and Fire. Some traffic by drug task force on one of the Elkhart County Police tac channels.

Dave

N9PUR

All agencies in Tippecanoe County (with the exception of Indiana State Police) use a county-maintained 800MHz system, and only use SAFE-T as a backup. I heard a few instances during the major snow events this past winter where the dispatchers told personnel to switch over to the "state channels" for inter-agency communication or if the officers were too far from the one of the county system's towers to be received clearly.

VASCAR2

Gibson Co, Princeton PD, smaller PD's mostly use VHF but have Safe-T. Fire still mostly VHF as is EMS and paging. If the unit can not get in on VHF they will switch to the appropriate Safe-T TG. Most LE and Princeton Fire Protection have dual band portable VHF/800 radios.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Hamilton County is upgrading/building out an Motorola ASTRO 25 system like the IDPS one, and it will have mutual aids with the IDPS one. A lot of changes are going to happen over the next couple of years as the SAFE-T upgrades to ASTRO 25 also. There are several new users that are going to be moving on board. We will see in 2 years what the new radioscape looks like. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.