Who is talking on 151.145?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scankid2591

Who is talking on 151.145? It's certainly not CDF Tac 1. It has a PL... 107.2. Sounds like a law enforcement agency.

Radio_Lady

Where? Santa Clara County Parks (including Park Rangers) have used that freq/PL combination, as have Solano County Parks.

scankid2591

I don't think I'd be able to pick up a signal with my "800MHz" Radioshack antenna... It does come in pretty sloppy here in Salinas, yet, I was in Gilroy just a few days ago and I picked it up crystal clear.

RobertW1

151.1450 is CDF Tac1, channel 63. Here in Southern California it is used to rebroadcast or link the 800MHz San Bernardino Trunked Fire communications to areas that cannot hit the 800MHz repeaters. Could it be that it is used to rebroadcast or link BLM or Forestry or other agencies in your location?

scankid2591

151.1450 is CDF Tac1, channel 63. Here in Southern California it is used to rebroadcast or link the 800MHz San Bernardino Trunked Fire communications to areas that cannot hit the 800MHz repeaters. Could it be that it is used to rebroadcast or link BLM or Forestry or other agencies in your location?

I don't think it's any fire protection agency, though. It sounds like law enforcement. In Monterey County, we don't have a gargantuan TRS like in San Bernardino. We still are using a simple VHF-High system being that there are mountainous areas in Monterey County. I know all of our county's repeater freq's, our engine designation #'s, and what a CDF Tac channel sounds like (we get some good action during the summer every once in awhile :))... It says in the RR Database that Tac 1 has no PL, but this freq has a PL of 107.2. The question remains... Who is it?

trooperdude

Database Admin
wolter said:
It is Santa Clara County Park Rangers Control-12.

With that PL, it's confirmed as Control 12.

VHF Simulcast system with transmitters all over Santa Clara County. High level, high
power system.

Park Rangers are peace officers in this county.

Control 12 also handles the Park Patrol traffic for the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department.

BirkenVogt

I remember reading something that CDF does not really use that frequency much themselves due to some other interference, could this be the reason? I don't believe I have ever seen it used in any fire capacity in the state of California at least....

Birken

EMSJUNKY

the 151.145 is the santa clara county parks rangers as mentioned previously. in santa clara county, they have multiple repeater sites as the rangers work the ENTIRE county along with Mid- Pen open space. i have picked up the rangers from SCC from concord, ca, and as far south as gonzales, so i am not suprized you get it.

the FCC's radio plan for 151mhz is for forestry purposes. thus, CDF in various regions may be letting other agencies utilize the freq for local forestry type opperations, ie the rangers.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.