• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Who Makes Low Band Base Stations Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisasterGuy

mformby

Does this have to be a stand alone base station? Can it be a mobile with a AC/DC power supply? If so there are several of those available.

chibsy

Recently CODAN (Daniels) gave up making low band radios, Midland's LMR folded up this week, Motorola quit years ago, RELM, now BK, doesn't show any on their website so the situation is getting ugly. It doesn't look like any American-based company is serving low band.

Can anyone help me to find other world-wide manufacturers that produce low band base stations and/or repeaters? I am talking 30-50 MHz, not mid band radios.

thanks in advance, Bruce....
I recently found this Company In California who is manufacturing a Low Band Base station and they also have the option for Low Band Repeaters.

COMTRONIX COMMUNICATIONS

(951) 719-3266 Monday - Friday

LBR-100
LBR-100, We now offer Low Band Repeaters

http://www.comtronixcommunications.com/lbr-100/

The President is Fred Parker and I Have been in contact with him several times. He is very helpful and we recently purchased one of these low band repeaters for municipal use.(November 2017) Our repeater is currently being built and we expect delivery in a month or so,
I researched that this company has made low band base stations for the American Red Cross in Washington State and has supplied low band bases to the Canadian Coast Guard and other places in California.
Anthony, N1MOL

joefoss

800 Mhz Rip-Off

I agree that political issues and bribes cost us tax payers as the 800 Mhz stuff are vastly overpriced. Lobbing by Motorola and other vendors to promote 800 Mhz allows Motorola to write their own check. All of the counties in Michigan used to use low-band, 60 watt tube-type equipment to cover the counties well. When solid-state equipment came on the marker the range vastly improved with the receiver noise-blanker. Michigan State Police had a plan in place to have low-band repeaters at all posts. They even obtained the frequencies for the plan. When Motorola stated they would not honor a 3-year contract on their Syntor and GE would not sell low-band radios any longer, they were wined and dined by Motorola (about 15 radio buyers), taken to Little Rock to see the AR system bought by Governor Clinton, who received $70,000 to sign the contract (part of the White Water Scandal) with Motorola. Although the 800 Mhz system worked well in Little Rock, it was not developed well in other state areas for about 7 years with millions of extra costs to the tax payer. When I suggested to the county they go back to low-band with 800 Mhz patch to save #270,000 a year, they all laughed. You can't beat politics. I give op on trying any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.