• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 Who makes the best quality replacement battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk2vlt

Premium Subscriber
With so many replacement batteries on the market I really don't know which ones are filled with crappy cells or top quality cells!
So can I please ask which ones we should be buying?
Oh and I should ask that I would prefer a NIMH over NICad.

mbnv992

Another vote for Power Products. They were the only ones that made the super short li-ion Saber batteries up until they recently discontinued them. They always fit great and well worth the money. All their other batteries work great too ( Jedi batteries, XTS, etc ).

vk2vlt

Premium Subscriber
Why not a LiIon battery?

I've had good luck with Impact Power Products
Oh yes indeed, I'll use lithium ion, no problem.
And with several votes here already for Impact Power Products, I'll go look at their batteries then.
Thanks for the replies thus far too!
Oh and if I could actually get OEM at a reasonable price, I would!

vk2vlt

Premium Subscriber
Does Impact Power Products have an online shop? I just had a look and i'd like to order a couple of their IPT8610-LiP batteries in a few weeks time when I can afford them. Oh and hopefully they ship to Australia. Otherwise I'll ask a buddy of mine in NY to send them to me.

K2NEC

Does Impact Power Products have an online shop? I just had a look and i'd like to order a couple of their IPT8610-LiP batteries in a few weeks time when I can afford them. Oh and hopefully they ship to Australia. Otherwise I'll ask a buddy of mine in NY to send them to me.

jruta

Another vote for Power Products. They were the only ones that made the super short li-ion Saber batteries up until they recently discontinued them. They always fit great and well worth the money. All their other batteries work great too ( Jedi batteries, XTS, etc ).
Yep. Made me fall in love with the saber all over again

N4KVE

I’ve had good luck with Power Products, but the results can vary. I’ve used some batteries & sworn they were OEM rebadged batteries. I’ve used others from the same brand, but for a different line of radio, & been disappointed. The quality can vary in the same brand of battery, but it all boils down to “where did they get their batteries from“?

vk2vlt

Premium Subscriber
The quality can vary in the same brand of battery, but it all boils down to “where did they get their batteries from“?
Oh I agree with you on this!!!!! This is why I asked the question here in the first place.
I pulled apart my battery for my MTS2000 (Mi Batteries had repacked it over 20 years ago) to repack it with new Energizer NiMH rechargeables, only to find that the old cells Mi had used were a cheap brand of rechargeable cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.