Who patrols the Primm Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

dic

I'm arriving late tomorrow night in Las Vegas (on my way to Mojave) and don't want to drive all the way at night. I'm staying in Primm at Buffalo Bill's (35 bucks a night) and after doing a little research about the area, I'm curious.

Does Metro PD cover that area, or does the Highway Patrol?
If it's Metro, are they still using VHF? (158.85, I think). I wouldn't think they'd be on the OpenSky system.

Also, how does that Lotto store (in CA) get police coverage?
Is there some sort of mutual aid agreement or does the CHP and or the SBCO have to drive all the way out there for a shoplifting charge, etc.

Thank you
Dic
N1XBA

GrumpyGuard

Also, how does that Lotto store (in CA) get police coverage?
Is there some sort of mutual aid agreement or does the CHP and or the SBCO have to drive all the way out there for a shoplifting charge, etc.

Thank you
Dic
N1XBA
The Primm Valley Lotto store is in California and is the responsibility of San Bernardino County Sheriff. Because that is such a well traveled road I am sure the CHP and SBSO are out in force.:cool:

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
The NV side (which is all of Primm except the Lotto store) is unincorporated Clark County which is the primary jurisdiction of LVMPD.

NHP patrols out there, I think talkgroup LV 3.

If I remember right, LVMPD does have towers for their OpenSky system out there and are most likely using it for patrols out there. I don't know which VHF channel would be used for simulcasting that traffic.

Come to think of it, I don' t know what group is used for remote areas other then Laughlin ie., Mt Charleston, Primm, Sandy Valley/Goodsprings, Glendale/Overton, etc.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
The Primm Valley Lotto store is in California and is the responsibility of San Bernardino County Sheriff. Because that is such a well traveled road I am sure the CHP and SBSO are out in force.:cool:

Indeed. CHP was regularly seen when I worked in Primm. They would stop Primm to get gas, coffee, etc. It's not that much further if they're already in Baker.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Also, how does that Lotto store (in CA) get police coverage? Is there some sort of mutual aid agreement or does the CHP and or the SBCO have to drive all the way out there for a shoplifting charge, etc.

The Lotto store is in San Bernardino County, CA, and is covered by the resident deputies from Baker. There are two deputies who live in Baker, and cover over 6000 sq miles of northeastern SBDO County, including I-15 from Afton Canyon to the state line, and all of the surface area from that point north to Inyo County, and south and east to the Providence Mountains south of Kelso.

Those deputies do indeed respond to the store for all calls for service, but they also (at least they did when I was there) receive assistance from the three resident CHP officers at Mountain Pass. The Baker deputies also routinely work traffic enforcement in Baker and along I-15, so they are the exceptions to the general rule that sheriff's deputies don't work traffic.

crazynova

The NV side (which is all of Primm except the Lotto store) is unincorporated Clark County which is the primary jurisdiction of LVMPD.

NHP patrols out there, I think talkgroup LV 3.

If I remember right, LVMPD does have towers for their OpenSky system out there and are most likely using it for patrols out there. I don't know which VHF channel would be used for simulcasting that traffic.

Come to think of it, I don' t know what group is used for remote areas other then Laughlin ie., Mt Charleston, Primm, Sandy Valley/Goodsprings, Glendale/Overton, etc.

Resident area (rural) Metro uses what they call channel 1 IIRC. I don't think it's a channel they patch to VHF, but I'm not sure on that. You usually won't hear a whole hell of a lot of traffic from them though, since there usually isn't a whole hell of a lot going on out there. I believe their call signs are 83xx out that way.

Last edited:

dic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thank you for your replies.
158.85 (173.8) is simulcasting a digital signal and I must admit it sounds quite good.

Not much on the Primm tower.

What is the CC for SB SO?
Site 8 is not receivable in Primm

Thanks
Dic
N1XBA

bikinjohn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX8-51) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have seen many times a CHP coming out of a neighborhood in Henderson looking like he was headed up St Rose to the 15, so I guess there's at least 1 resident Officer that's close by

Status
Not open for further replies.