Who To Report A Moderator To

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, who "higher up" does a moderator get reported to. There is one particular moderator that has given me multiple frivolous infractions. I believe this moderator (holds it against me) for "supporting the USA" and subsequently writing posts regarding US products. So if anybody has any info, please let me know. Thanks

mciupa

Database Admin
I'd love to hear the other side of this, I think there is a little more to it. :wink:

Infractions are meant to be warnings and to have multiple infractions shows that you really don't care about following the rules.

You could contact the Forums Manager but I'm sure your history will be working against you.

I'd love to hear the other side of this, I think there is a little more to it. :wink:

Infractions are meant to be warnings and to have multiple infractions shows that you really don't care about following the rules.

You could contact the Forums Manager but I'm sure your history will be working against you.

Which side do you want to hear? My side or his side?
BTW "my history" is ONLY from him. NOBODY else, so apparently, he is the only one that has a problem with me, which I know why. Hence why somebody else needs to know.

Keep in mind that most Moderator activity is a result of a complaint from another member.

Understood, however just because somebody complains doesn't mean you have to do something about it. If I complained every time somebody "hurt my feeling" on these forums, your in boxes would be so full, you would just give up trying to catch up with them. So instead I be an adult and let it go out the door and down the street.

That is all.

CommJunkie

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
There is one particular moderator that has given me multiple frivolous infractions.

Which side do you want to hear? My side or his side?
If you are going to tell your side of the story, you could start by not embellishing on the truth.

You have been issued one warning and one infraction. Certainly not "multiple" infractions.

Rules for forum post content can be found here. Take note of the fifth bullet point.

The RadioReference forums infraction system is explained here.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I believe this moderator (holds it against me) for "supporting the USA" and subsequently writing posts regarding US products.

I'll present my side of the story so everybody has a balanced view of what's transpired.

The warning back in December 2013 was for telling a newcomer who posted in french in the Quebec forum that "This is America... ENGLISH PLEASE."

This site might be based in the United States but it has a worldwide reach and forums like the Quebec forum (which is in Canada, not America) tend to have a mix of English and French. Last time I checked, productionguy85 was not a Moderator so he had no right telling anybody what language to post in.

The infraction he received yesterday was for using a colourful metaphor and poorly hidden profanity to describe what he thought of a Chinese made radio. If he had used a better metaphor and had dropped the profanity, I wouldn't have had to respond to the Post Report.

So, if you can somehow understand how I am against productionguy85 for supporting the USA and American products from his warning and infraction than you understand a lot more than me.

He's been provided the link to how the appeals process works and can use it to report me.

Status
Not open for further replies.