WHP Conventional channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoWabbit

They are still in use (personally have monitored) for backup if WyoLink goes down, and also in areas where WyoLink has no coverage (either dead spots, or no tower coverage yet). - Tom

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone able to confirm where they are actually used (Troops/Counties/Locations) and no longer used? In my area, not a peep...but doesn't nessesarly mean its not in the radio..

If backups, I'd like to adjust the descriptions, etc for a more accurate database.

WyoWabbit

All of the old frequencies/towers/PL's are programmed into the new WyoLink radios under a zone (what we scanner listeners would call banks) for conventional. I haven't heard them much, but when they use them it's because the WyoLink (digital) was getting through or in areas where WyoLink was spotty. - Tom

wyomingmedic

I know the 155.445 is still being simulcast with WyoLink in the Rawlins area as there are lots of multipath issues. This extends down and around the Elk Mountain site.

I frequently hear them from laramie as well.

I know that in the Casper area I have not heard a peep for over a year.

The 155.640 (SALECS) is still in use statewide as a backup and still primary for some G&F folks.

WM

Last edited:

hpycmpr

I'm presently in the Jackson area and Wyolink is not heard; and 155.445, 154.875, and 155.91 (all WHP) are used as well as 156.105 (Wydot). Snow King is apparently not on the air.

Steve

WyoWabbit

I'm presently in the Jackson area and Wyolink is not heard; and 155.445, 154.875, and 155.91 (all WHP) are used as well as 156.105 (Wydot). Snow King is apparently not on the air.

Steve

Hey, hpycmpr, if you are still in the Jackson area, have you tried 155.535 as the Snow King control channel? The Windy Ridge site at Dubois shows Snow King as an adjacent site and active. - Tom

hpycmpr

Thanks. It's now the new CC and I'll see what happens. I tried yesterday plugging in all 12 channels in conventional mode and heard nothing - no control channel noise unless the PRE-600 filters it out. I'm SE of Moose in the park and should have good coverage.

Steve

hpycmpr

Success! Thank you, WyoWabbit. The control channel for Snow King is now 155.535. I've only heard WYDOT so far. It is quiet.
And it is definitely a mixed mode of Wyolink and conventional for state and local agencies in Teton County.

(submitted to DB)

Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.