Why am I getting this now with proscan software ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTobias

Big blue screen

Windows protected your PC

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Thanks
Theodore

App: ProScan_16_8.exe
Publisher: Unknown publisher

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 S Mode Perhaps :unsure:

TedTobias

u2brent
Here's what's going on Microsoft is trying to protect you and me . Buy not allowing anything with out a publisher or certificate listed downloading on your Laptop. Just make sure you have Webroot or any other virus protector installed. It will protect you from bad people. See owning a iPad actually I own 5 I pads you don't need any of this to protect you from the hackers.

Have a great weekend!
Theodore

TedTobias

Thanks I plan on installing it installed it on my neighbors. Great software! It’s very obvious the writer and designer is definitely very customer centric. Microsoft is just trying to protect. Soon most of oir software will work on Apple products as well there all just looking for your. Best interest and saftey.

Thanks
Theodore

Chris0516

Big blue screen

Windows protected your PC

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Thanks
Theodore

App: ProScan_16_8.exe
Publisher: Unknown publisher
When you get the BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death). You should be getting also be getting hexadecimal code, indicating where the problem is. The 'Uknown Publisher' is not the problem. Because, Lots of software will cause 'Unknown Publisher' messages, w/o a BSOD. The next time it happens. Do a Ctrl-PrtScrn. But you have to be fast. Before the computer shuts down.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think the O.P. is seeing this screen. If you trust the site/software, ie; ProScan, click on More info and you will see the option to go ahead and install it anyway, which is safe to do with ProScan.

1602020414532.png

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Right click the file and click Properties. Uncheck the “blocked” checkbox in the lower right and click OK. Run the program.

It’s not a BSOD.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
If you click the 'More info' link you should get an option to run the program anyway. After that the program will run without the notification.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.