Why are Scanners so Difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclebubba

That is OUTSTANDING! Definitely should be a sticky, and I'll be posting that link a LOT to new users!
Craig

pogbobo

UPMan said:
I should...

how about with the Trunk Tracker Scanner Worksheets on Uniden's website?

just a suggestion :)

Attachments

• upman_article.JPG
    upman_article.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 636

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Done! (and I've slightly edited the original to clarify Mot 800/900 vs UHF/VHF and the need for frequencies)

cpuerror

Thats a fantastic guide! But there is just one thing that I am wondering about. Now I know your kind of the guy who was behind the 996 and everything, but under system frequencies it says "For Motorola VHF and UHF systems you need to know all frequencies.". This is somewhat contradictory to my experience, where on a type II VHF system simply entering the control channel frequency in addition to the base, step , and offset is all that is needed to monitor the system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Oops, you are right, CPU. I so seldom actually scan these types of systems myself, a few of the details manage to get warped.

I've updated the OP to reflect corrected description.

mrdinks

Very nice
I wish I would have had that a few days ago when I was pulling my hair out trying to program my new BCD996T

n2mdk

Thanks for the great work Paul. I posted a message about it on the Uniden BC246Tand BR330T Yahoo groups. Giving you credit of course, hope that was OK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.