Why can't I set department key status

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellykeeton

Might be a feature request - but why can't we select department under the set scan selection/manage quick key/set quick key status menu option.

It would be really nice, I don't know why software development is so slow from uniden but would be really nice if you could do this.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Such settings are default settings, or something that behaves a given way in the beginning. Once you make any changes, such as toggling a Department Quick Key, it stays that way until another "toggle". Thus if you have a DQK set to off, if you toggle it on, it will stay on even if the scanner is powered down. It remains on until you turn it off.

kellykeeton

Such settings are default settings, or something that behaves a given way in the beginning. Once you make any changes, such as toggling a Department Quick Key, it stays that way until another "toggle". Thus if you have a DQK set to off, if you toggle it on, it will stay on even if the scanner is powered down. It remains on until you turn it off.

thats the point .. you said "toggling a department quick key"

there is no quick way to toggle a department quick key, we can for everything else but not department.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It's all what you mean by "quick". At most it is 9 button presses.

Assume the Favorites List is Quick Key 1, System Quick Key is 0 and the Department Quick Key is 12. You would press "01.00.12 eYes". (If the first digit is a 0, it can be left off, or 1.0.12 eYes.)

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
have had this radio for 2 years and i still learn something new on how to do things..

kellykeeton

Or, if it is in the current FL and System, "..12"

thats handy if you know all the departments if I have 30 departments hard to remember and I need to carry a list around.

unlike the menu option where I can just scroll via text.

its like its missing you put system and such in a alpha list just not department.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A couple things I do to help me remember:

One is to add the Department Quick Key to the name of the Department - "D01 ABC Fire".

Another is to carefully plan Department Quick keys with a method. What I use is 1 as the second digit for fire stuff, 2 as the second digit for police stuff.

kellykeeton

A couple things I do to help me remember:

One is to add the Department Quick Key to the name of the Department - "D01 ABC Fire".

Another is to carefully plan Department Quick keys with a method. What I use is 1 as the second digit for fire stuff, 2 as the second digit for police stuff.

yup its handy for sure.. but my point was a feature request to make it better. its REALLY easy to choose to enable anything but departments and that sucks.

for departments we need to have these alternative ways to do it. it just makes no sense I can easily toggle fav and system on and off just cant do it with departments seems like the development team said .

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
And if the dept is enabled, you press dept, and sroll through them to *lock* onto that dept.

kellykeeton

And if the dept is enabled, you press dept, and sroll through them to *lock* onto that dept.

You can also avoid them here getting you close to easy but the hold and switch department from scan is cumbersome it messes up a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've got "regular" firmware in my 536. I can set a Department Quick Key two ways, one via the keypad the other in Sentinel.

On the keypad it is: Manu>Manage Favorites>Scroll to the FL>Review/Edit System>Scroll to the System>Edit Department>Scroll to the Department>Set Department Quick Key. Choose any number you desire and Enter.

In Sentinel, Edit the applicable Favorites List. Drill down to the desired department to highlight it. Then click the Options tab in the right pane. Choose your desired Department Quick Key from the Quick Key dropdown box.

I wish there was an easier way to jump to a Department, similar to jumping to a channel. Right now, I use number tags to jump to a Channel in the Department. Then I press Department to hold on the Department and press Channel to release the channel hold.

kellykeeton

I've got "regular" firmware in my 536. I can set a Department Quick Key two ways, one via the keypad the other in Sentinel.

On the keypad it is: Manu>Manage Favorites>Scroll to the FL>Review/Edit System>Scroll to the System>Edit Department>Scroll to the Department>Set Department Quick Key. Choose any number you desire and Enter.

thats a LOT of clicking my point...

menu -> set scan selection -> manage quick key -> system (wish we could select departmenr here) then turn things on and off

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
We might be talking about two different things. Setting a Department Quick key is one thing. Toggling the Department Quick Key is another.

Which do you mean - initial setup or on-going operation?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
OK. Very simple process to toggle Department Quick Keys On or Off: FF.SS.DD Eyes.

FF is the Favorites List Quick Key
SS is the System Quick Key
DD is the Department Quick Key

(Gotta use the periods)

Status
Not open for further replies.