Why do we do it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
What compels us to buy scanners we don't really need?

I just sold a PRO-163 about 10 days ago because I didn't really need it, so what do I do today? Purchase a PRO-107. Between my 396XT, and PSR 310 & 800, I have more scanner capacity than I already need. For some reason I saw the $99 asking price and couldn't resist.

I'm sure sometime in the near future I'll unload one of these and turn right around and buy another one I probably won't need either.

"Hi, my name is Adam and I'm a scanner-holic."

"Hi Adam!"

LOL!!

:D

Last edited:

safetyobc

What compels us to buy scanners we don't really need?

I just sold a PRO-163 about 10 days ago because I didn't really need it, so what do I do today? Purchase a PRO-107. Between my 396XT, and PSR 310 & 800, I have more scanner capacity than I already need. For some reason I saw the $99 asking price and couldn't resist.

I'm sure sometime in the near future I'll unload one of these and turn right around and buy another one I probably won't need either.

"Hi, my name is Adam and I'm a scanner-holic."

"Hi Adam!"

LOL!!

:D

LOL, It's definitely an addiction to the hobby!

Mitsufan

Feed Provider
GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.........never a more true statement! Well, that and me being nosey ill admit. I have a pro 106 handheld for home use and work (when severe weather is forecated), a pro 197 which is built into my car, a old bc80xlt, and a bc72xlt (both which are useless for public saftey now)

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
We do it because we have a craving for radios,even if it the radio is not as good as are current ones we have or if we have it already :D

mhallack

I haven't been hit by that yet, I don't dare either because I already collect old tube radios. I don't think my wife will be thrilled with me getting more and more scanners. So I'm still old school, I have a Bearcat BC80XLT and a Radio Shack PRO-433

rico47635

Maybe it's because in the back of your mind you know that no matter how many scanners you have going at one time you are always going to miss out on something. One scanner per frequency is the only way to make sure you don't miss anything. LOL!

scannerboy01

I'm a scanner-holic."
I think I would describe my self as a scanner-holic. Whenever I'm home, the scanner is on. Even when I leave, the scanner is still on awaiting my return. As for equipment, I only have the scanner that is in my signature, but I'd sure like more scanners and radios once I get my amateur radio license.:D

SCPD

QRT
I find myself on ebay looking for radios and on here looking for radios i don't need but it fills in the addiction i have with buying and selling radios. I think at 1 time i had 10+ radios here but did i need all 10, Not at all. Right now i am very happy with my setup. I almost hit "PROCEED TO CHECKOUT" with a gre-310 last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.