Why does Berlin have only 3 frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

stchamber11

Berlin has 3, one police, one fire and one hwy dept. Cromwell, Rockyhill, have much smaller population and they have many freqs. Cromwell is trunked and all kinds of stuff happens there. Is there other numbers for Berlin that is not yet on this site?

freightguy

You need to refine your search a bit. If you enter Name= 'Berlin' City= 'Berlin' State= 'CT', you will find a wealth of information available.

The entity (police,fire, etc...) is listed in the liscensee info.
The police come back listed as using about 9 freqs,, and fire for 2.

You need to try variations in the search such as 'Berlin', 'Town of Berlin', 'Berlin, Town of'...etc.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Also licenses to FDs may be under a FD name. For example, there is no Granby (CT) FD, there is Lost Acres FD.
One good way to find more frequencies it to search by FRN. Find one official town license and then do a new search only by FRN.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
the problem with searching by City/State is that it searches by the licensee mailing location and not the transmitter location. There are several licenses for the PD in the Kensington section, you don't see those by searching for Berlin, CT (they may not be important to what you need but could be overlooked)
A way around that would be to use the Geosearch function. It takes longer but is worth it in order to be thorough. Pick 100 matches per page (to prevent having to keep reloading data if you go back), then Geosearch, then enter the info for the filter you wish to use (lat/long, zip, state/county, etc).

chris

stchamber11

what a minute!!!! You mean to tell me that radio referance site does not list all the freqs??? OOOHHH. Well I am going to try the link above and see what I can find. THANKS!! I'll let you know what I find

Status
Not open for further replies.