BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Why does it continue to scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggen

I have a question about my 996, tried searching for the answer. I have six trunked systems in my radio. Each has a quick key. If I turn off all the systems via their quick keys, the radio continues to scan and stops on varioius frequencies within the systems. Why? Shouldn't it have nothing to scan? Am I missing a setting somewhere? If it matters, I erased everything on the radio when I downoladed the six trunked systems.

The reason I'm asking is that this still happens even when I only have one system quiuck key turned on. If I only want to listen to the one system, then why, after scanining that system, does the scanner then go to seemingly random frequencies from seemingly random other systems that have been turned off via their quick keys? Am I not understanding quick keys correctly?

Thanks for the help!

marksmith

You have a system or two on your radio that have no quick keys assigned. Those will always scan.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

tiggen

Mark, you were right. I swear I checked it like ten times last night. Perhaps all I really needed was a good night's sleep. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.