Why does the TRX-2 sell for less than the 1098

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

On Ebay, sometimes from the same seller the 1098 is $10-$20 less than the newer and more capable (NXDN) TRX-2
What am I missing here?

scosgt

not that I can see.
I don't think we can post ebay links here.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
On Ebay, sometimes from the same seller the 1098 is $10-$20 less than the newer and more capable (NXDN) TRX-2
What am I missing here?

1098 = older unit, TRX = newer unit so I would think the TRX should cost more...

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Just re-read the first post and didn't catch the first time that you contradicted yourself between the title and the post - I read the title and responded to that but in the body of the post you say it right: the 1098 should be less than the TRX-2. So now that I re-read it...which are you meaning?

wbswetnam

That is bizarre. Amazon is selling the very similar WS-1095 (with Whistler listed as the seller) for $343. I got one and mounted it in my car (after I did the firmware and CPU upgrade for DMR capability, of course).

TAbirdman

That is bizarre. Amazon is selling the very similar WS-1095 (with Whistler listed as the seller) for $343. I got one and mounted it in my car (after I did the firmware and CPU upgrade for DMR capability, of course).

I didn't think Whistler sold direct so I looked up that model for $343 and it is sold by JB Tool sales. The title description does say "by Whistler" however and that can be misleading.

scosgt

Ebay seller ram_merchandise
Has the 1098 for $599 and the TRX-2 for $589

That pattern is repeated several times on ebay, where the 1098 sells for more than the TRX-2
Makes no sense.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Ebay seller ram_merchandise
Has the 1098 for $599 and the TRX-2 for $589

That pattern is repeated several times on ebay, where the 1098 sells for more than the TRX-2
Makes no sense.

Based on the mix of items they have for sale I'd be surprised if they know anything about scanners specifically.

My guess is they set the price loooong ago and just have it on automatic relist. Those prices are both too high, especially the WS1098. That or they are just hoping for either someone who doesn't know any better to come by and buy one or they don't really want to sell any...

Status
Not open for further replies.