Why haven't they sourced a new Dongle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Reminds me of when I got up the nerve to finally ask out that super hott girl that I was head over heels for in high school..Ohhh Lauren F...You were so cute,Your brown eyes,,puffy lips..knockout smile...Your long blonde locks....

Then I dated her..She was HIGH maintenance,,,Heavy stress on my wallet..I drove her & her cute friends all over.....You were a dream...But like all dreams..I finally woke up!...

Hope you got some of that before waking up. Or was it a wet dream.

ve2fet

Add to it a scanner that can't tolerate a power lost and make the unit unusable until you create a new database on a new sd card... what a poor design is this... happened to me once while driving, almost threw it in the river. BTW Losing power is part of any “NORMAL” operation!!!

Added to the fact I bought this so I can do Internet remote control, wow, how stupid was this decision... amazing how some can sell things while advertising for major feature differentiator and just not having them in the product.

Upset BCD536HP serial #2079 owner.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have said this before and I will repeat it as my comments seem to be on deaf ears. Surprised there are not supporters for this?

Uniden needs to also offer a hardwired dongle. Even if it is a customer purchased option. They are dirt cheap in volume, probably under $3 each. This would have allowed the scanner App to be working before the end of Q12014.

Somewhere along the line around here, I also stated my support for a hardwired ethernet dongle.
So yes, I'm very much in on this idea.

For the wireless dongle, I'd also like to see support for 802.11A as the 2.4 GHz band is simply too crowded in my environment for any practical purposes.

XTS3000

Somewhere along the line around here, I also stated my support for a hardwired ethernet dongle.
So yes, I'm very much in on this idea.

For the wireless dongle, I'd also like to see support for 802.11A as the 2.4 GHz band is simply too crowded in my environment for any practical purposes.

Good point. 2.4 just a few years ago was very quiet with 2 router signals in my neighborhood. I did a scan the other day and YIKES, there's 20+ signals invading my property, some very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.