Why is Database Incomplete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David40

I looked up my local scanner information in the radioreference data base and downloaded the files. Then I logged in with my scanner to download the frequencies and talk groups, etc. After downloading I noticed that only half of the talk groups for my city showed up in the radio. Why doesn't the information in the files match the download database?

David40

Specifically the City of St Petersburg Florida police Talk Groups. I see on the list some are specified as (secure) and I would expect those to be excluded, but there are many others that are not tagged as secure and they did not get downloaded to the scanning software.
I manually enered a few of those missing groups into the software and uploaded to the radio. One of them is OPS-1 Undercover ID 20288 and I was just listening to a conversation so it's not encrypted.

Last edited:

N8IAA

What radio and software are you using? It could make it easier for others to answer more completely.
HTH,
Larry

captclint

Mentor
One of them is OPS-1 Undercover ID 20288 and I was just listening to a conversation so it's not encrypted.
I downloaded 304 TGID's with ARCXTPro and they all downloaded, including 20288.
Pinellas County Public Services Trunking System, Pinellas County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies
Not sure why you would have a problem unless some were not checked, or you didn't look at the group St Petersburg in ARC. You can download up to 500 TGIDS, so 304 should not be a problem.

Last edited:

David40

You are correct. I looked closer and the TGID's did download to the software. My problem appears to be that they did not all load into the scanner when I selected Import to Scanner. I'm sure I had everything checked off. Maybe I'm hitting a limit on the number of TGID's allowed per System? I'll need to play around with it a bit more.
Thanks Much.

N9HQ

Premium Subscriber
Did you check at least one of the sites on the left hand side?

Status
Not open for further replies.