Why is Indianapolis Top Feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
I never paid a ton of attention to the Top Feed on RR home page but it was usually Chicago or some other huge crime ridden area. I've noticed after being away from Ham, SDR, Scanners and just hopping back in that Indy is the #1 feed at least for the last few days I've been paying attention.

Born and raised in Evansville (live in NC now) and have relatives near Indy.

Why is Indy such a hot scanner feed?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Where the action is people will listen. Do a Google on Indianapolis crime, and check out South Bend while you are at it.

Last edited:

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
Where the action is people will listen. Do a Google on Indianapolis crime, and check out South Bend while you are at it.
I didn't realize Indy was bad. I have relatives in Muncie and Anderson but I guess I've been gone for too long.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The Indianapolis TV stations morning news carries reports of over-night shootings many more times that it doesn't. Don't know if that's making people listen to the feeds or not.

The Indiana Legislature and the Indiana Attorney General have been in the news a lot the past few days regarding a topic that is in the national news. There have been organized protests at the statehouse on several days this month.

Indiana Black Expo Summer Celebration has been going on for the past week or so with several evening concerts at venues in downtown Indianapolis. https://summercelebration.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/IBE_EventGuide_2022-wAds-5a.pdf

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
The Indianapolis TV stations morning news carries reports of over-night shootings many more times that it doesn't. Don't know if that's making people listen to the feeds or not.

The Indiana Legislature and the Indiana Attorney General have been in the news a lot the past few days regarding a topic that is in the national news. There have been organized protests at the statehouse on several days this month.

Indiana Black Expo Summer Celebration has been going on for the past week or so with several evening concerts at venues in downtown Indianapolis. https://summercelebration.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/IBE_EventGuide_2022-wAds-5a.pdf
Thanks.........I was used to seeing Chicago all the time a while back and certainly on the weekends. Was surprised to see Indy holding the top spot.

ind224

I live in North District and it is hopping. We lost our helicopter a few years back because who needs a police helicopter? Lake County has at least one. We have multiple chases daily multiple shootings daily and street racing is picking up w local agencies proclaiming a crackdown. Dodge boys are rampant....
We are mostly unencrypted city county and state. We have 8 adjoining counties. Great listening and I'm not even Phase II DMR or NXDN equipped (yet).

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I live in North District and it is hopping. We lost our helicopter a few years back because who needs a police helicopter? Lake County has at least one. We have multiple chases daily multiple shootings daily and street racing is picking up w local agencies proclaiming a crackdown. Dodge boys are rampant....
We are mostly unencrypted city county and state. We have 8 adjoining counties. Great listening and I'm not even Phase II DMR or NXDN equipped (yet).

Dodge boys?

GTO_04

When I go to work in Indy, I need two scanners it is so busy! One scanner is for IMPD and the other is for ISP and Indy Fire depending on current events. If I only use one scanner I will miss too much.

GTO_04

mbtins

I live about 40 miles south of Indy. Let the feed run all night sometimes and there are many nights when it is never silent for hours. It’s unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.