Why is it so hard to find software pro 94

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpslusser

Why is it so hard to find programming software (free) for the Pro94 Radioshack scanner?

I've found every other scanner, radioshack made, except the 94.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
dpslusser said:
Why is it so hard to find programming software (free) for the Pro94 Radioshack scanner?

I've found every other scanner, radioshack made, except the 94.

Because the 94 does not have many features, and really is a sucky scanner. RS should never have sold it as long as they did. I bought mine in 2001 and it was ok for what it was, but there were still being sold in stores over this last winter. Get with the times RS, get rid of the old junk.

Oh, only the last version even had a PC programming port, so you're not going to see much for them when most of the pro94s can even use the software.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No doubt, because it's a very old scanner, and the programming support really came into being quite late in the game - only the most recent versions (there were 2 before this one, if memory serves) have this capability. Besides, the 94 has long since been superceded by better models.

73 Mike

dpslusser

ka3jjz said:
No doubt, because it's a very old scanner, and the programming support really came into being quite late in the game - only the most recent versions (there were 2 before this one, if memory serves) have this capability. Besides, the 94 has long since been superceded by better models.

73 Mike

Aaaa, i should of said i had the Pro94b. lol. How is the Scancat software. Ive seen some complaints of it here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
For the 94B, it works - barely. It seems that the simpler the protocol, the more Scancat Lite Plus seems to function with it - just. Sad to say, no one I know of has ever created freeware for it.

73 Mike

dpslusser

I got this scanner for practially nothing (Price wise), and theirs alot of freq in my area. Its hard to tell what they all are. It would be nice to add Txt to freq channels

I also have a pro 84. Anything for that?

dpslusser

ka3jjz said:
For the 94B, it works - barely. It seems that the simpler the protocol, the more Scancat Lite Plus seems to function with it - just. Sad to say, no one I know of has ever created freeware for it.

73 Mike

All I want to do is edit Frequencies and Channel Names, to be displayed. Will it do that?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, but keep in mind the 94 cannot display alpha tags on the scanner. All it will show are freqs and talkgroups. 73 Mike

dpslusser

ka3jjz said:
Yes, but keep in mind the 94 cannot display alpha tags on the scanner. All it will show are freqs and talkgroups. 73 Mike

O are you serious. I didn't no that.

Here a question. How do the Pro84 and the Pro94 compare? Anyway to find out?

I have both, and both are programmed with most of the same frequencies. The 84 doesn't pick up as good as the 94, BUT, the 94 has a higher antenna. About 2inches higher. Does the 84 display Alpha tags?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Neither, I'm pretty sure, display alpha tags

I have no idea how the 2 compare - but do yourself a favor; save up some money to buy a real scanner, not these little toys (of course, everyone has their own opinion as to what makes a 'real scanner' - but to be frank, to me, neither of these are...)

Make yourself familiar with our wiki which has a ton of information on numerous different models, not just from RS, but GRE and Uniden as well. Just hit 'wiki' in the top blue toolbar.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.