Why is this scanner so inexpensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireant

They are decent scanners as long as you want to listen to conventional analog signals. The reason for the cheap price is they are on clearance.

fireant

SAR923

They are nice conventional scanners. Good luck finding one. Most stores sold out weeks ago. You'll find them on e-bay now.

ind224

And when you call the Terre Haute, In store to get the last one,they will tell you it was stolen. Guy in Texas had one listed on ebay for $129; not sure if he was including the headphones.

n2mdk

By conventional they mean it doesn't do trunking, it doesn't do digital either.

lugoffman

GeorgeMason said:
Scanning (pun intended) :) the radio shack website and came across this. Does this have decent coverage aside from the racing freqs? I would not use it for racing but general local listening.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...oductId=2180625&support=support&tab=techSpecs

This is a real good scanner if you listen to local police fire and ems that isn't trunked. I had one before I gave it away to my mother for her monitoring needs (nascar) lol !!! any ways I used it here in my home town were we are still using conventional frequencys and it worked real well picks up good but like everyone else has been saying it won't pick up digital or trunked systems only conventional frequencys THE HEAD PHONES WORK REAL WELL ALSO .

Status
Not open for further replies.