Why is UK so restrictive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Bandrunner - except the UK has an Enforcement Arm, you pay for each radio/tv you have and they can "monitor" your home with an RF truck. they can Determine IF you are using tv/radio devices. In the USA I used to Drive around in my VAN equipped with a TV antenna on a rotor, I could receive RF signals from TV extender and Computer Monitors. I could print the screen If I wanted.

KA9JYO

Terrorists around the world make us get defensive, that's the reason for restrictive laws and encryption. For those reasons I use Zello if i want privacy.

Pete_uk

There seems to me to be much more of a direct link between the taxpayers of America and the services it buys. For example, you pay for the police department to work for you, therefore there is some justification that you can listen in.

Over here there seems to be less of a direct link. More a case of, 'Yes we have taken your money and provide a police force, but what we get up to is private'

Hans13

There seems to me to be much more of a direct link between the taxpayers of America and the services it buys. For example, you pay for the police department to work for you, therefore there is some justification that you can listen in.

Over here there seems to be less of a direct link. More a case of, 'Yes we have taken your money and provide a police force, but what we get up to is private'
I am trying to be delicate in the way that I word this reply because it is absolutely not my intention to besmirch anyone in the UK. I am quite fond of y'all and I happen to like the public persona of the Queen.

The difference might be because of the basis of government. In the UK, there is the matter of being subjects whereas in the US, there is the matter of being citizens where the government is supposed to be subservient to the People. I am of the personal opinion that our servant here in the US is completely out of control but that's a topic for another discussion I probably won't have on RR. The difference boils down to unalienable individual rights versus government allowed privileges. That's where the split came in between the former colonies of America and the Crown.

RFI-EMI-GUY

snip

In UK you are permitted to break the law if by doing so you are stopping a greater crime, snip Classic case was in a nuclear sub, where they destroyed the computers needed to launch the missiles as they said having them was against international law.

snip.

when and where did this happen by who?

Status
Not open for further replies.