Why no EDACS decoding on PRO-106?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Yuni,
I'm hoping you find the problem shortly. I've never had any luck with Edacs, but though it was just me. I can decode Motorola APCO-16 and APCO-25 just fine.

I've used Windows XP desktops and Laptops, discriminator taps and Uniden 'XT' and a PRO-106. If you need logs from my closest tower, please let me know.
My PRO-106 is showing the decode rate is 93% - 99%

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Please check the version in the About box.

Make sure only one version is installed via Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Unitrunker. There should be only one version listed.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Yep - only one version listed. I just uninstalled via control panel, redownloaded 1.0.0.23 and reinstalled. Pressing the Question Mark confirms 1,0,0,23

I'm still only able to decode Motorola Type II and P25. I can't decode Edacs. I have all LCN's loaded into the radio, with good decode on the scanner, but Unitrunker doesn't seem to respond. If I move the bank to a Moto System, Unitrunker starts decoding.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry for the long delay... other projects took priority.
I can't find where I can see the scope if I am using an "inline" receiver. I'm using a PRO-106 via the USB port. Again, things work fine in Motorola world, but not in EDACS96. Any other screenshots I can paste that will help you out?

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Oops. Yes, you're using a 106 so no scope.

Stop the receiver. Turn on Control logging. Set receiver running again with the 106 tuned to a known control channel. After a minute or so, stop the receiver. Click the folder tool button on the receiver window. You should see a Tuner log file with today's date. Inside this file should be lots of text where each line starts with "EDW,". Please post that file here.

Also, what's you're receivers Lock Mode setting?

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
It looks like No data is really passing through to Unitrunker.

I have a 90%+ decode on the PRO-106, and I have ShowCCInfo set to YES.

Here is the log file:

Code:
Log file originally created as .\R00000001\Tuner-20120204.LOG
Radio control initializing ...
Worker thread begins.
GRECOM 851837500 Hz
eExit
Worker thread ends.

I am not sure what you mean about the lock function on the receiver. I hit Analyze on the TSYS screen, and manually move to a control channel. It is the exact same process I do for a Motorola system, and it works fine.

As I said earlier, I was never able to get this EDACS system to work on any version of trunker with a soundcard or direct. I'm now curious to see if my HP-1 with the Extreme upgrade can see the control data.

I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but here is the system I am trying to decode: Nassau County Public Safety Trunking System, Nassau County, New York - Scanner Frequencies

And here is a screenshot of the PRO-106, if it helps.

20120204_112736.jpg

And Unitrunker config: (the green rxd light is blinking on the USB cable)
Unitrunker_106.jpg

And for sanity reasons.. here is the same screenshot as above - no changes, but now watching a Motorola system. No problems here!
Unitrunker_106_Suffolk.jpg

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I see the site lock setting in your screen shot.

The S:00 is unusual.

Can you post a tuner log of the radio on the Motorola system?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I see the site lock setting in your screen shot.

The S:00 is unusual.

Can you post a tuner log of the radio on the Motorola system?

Must be a PRO-197/106 PSR-500/600 thing, at least. I remember telling you about an EDACS control channel (an AEP Networked site somewhere between East and Central Ohio) that, when sitting on the control channel with my PSR-500, would elicit the same S:00. Unfortunately, I'm far from that site and propagation is rarely good enough for me to hear it reliably. But it was exhibiting the same behavior. Of course ,I never noticed if it produced a log or not.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Tuner logging on 106 must be broken in release 23.

Please upgrade to release 24. We should see a useable log there.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I put the file on my VPS, so no more google.
This should be a direct URL.
http://www.w2lie.net/misc_files/unitrunker/Tuner-20120205.LOG

EDIT: For the "fun" of it, I hooked up my BC15XT. Again, no problem decoding the Motorola system a county away. Picking up my local EDACS system is another story.

When I tune to the NYC Metro-21 system, I can see Unitrunker locking onto the control data. There isn't much activity on this system at the moment, so I can't tell if the dump is correct.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=133

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The Tuner log looks good. The program shouldn't have a problem here.

Sorry to keep asking for logs ... but, would you please post a Decode log?

You see a site window for the EDACS system when decoding from the BCT15X but not from the PRO-106, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.