Why no EDACS decoding on PRO-106?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't see a decode log file, just a Tuner.log.

To answer your 2nd question, I only see a decode window on the Metro-21 EDACS and Suffolk County Motorola-II system. Using either the PRO-106 or the BC15XT.

For whatever reason, it seems that the Nassau County Public Safety EDACS system won't decode on the PRO-106 or BC15XT. FWIW, I was never able to decode this system via a soundcard either. I just thought it was a poor decode on my soundcard. I can pull a scope off a discriminator tap if you need.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I don't see a decode log file, just a Tuner.log.
You can enable Decode logging on the Receiver window's Info tab by checking "Logging" under the Decode section (as opposed to the Control section).

http://www.unitrunker.com/logs.html

For whatever reason, it seems that the Nassau County Public Safety EDACS system won't decode on the PRO-106 or BC15XT. FWIW, I was never able to decode this system via a soundcard either. I just thought it was a poor decode on my soundcard. I can pull a scope off a discriminator tap if you need.
Let's see what the decode log has to show. We can look at waveforms as a last resort. The PRO-106 is decoding *something* which is a good sign.

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
There is no decode log being recorded. I have Logging enabled for both control and decode, but the only file I have when trying to decode Nassau County is a Trunker-<date>.log

It is only when I try another system do I see a Unitrunker-<date>.log file
I tried with both the PRO-106 and BC15XT.

If it helps, I can do any of the following: Try another piece of decoding software to see if it is a software or system problem, record the data channel and send that to you, or you can tune my web based PCR-1000 using RemotePCR + Mumble to listen.

Thanks again for all the help. I enjoy using Trunker for the Motorola system a county over - it is a great piece of software.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Tonight I setup the old PRO-2051 with the discriminator tap (what else is that radio good for) ;)

I had no problem monitoring the Suffolk County system using a Vista laptop, but the same problem exists trying to track the Nassau County EDACS system..

Here is a quick AVI file of the scope and some background noise. Watch your speakers.

http://www.w2lie.net/misc_files/NassauEDACS_Scope.avi

SCPD

QRT
The station ID on this system is strange because it's zero. However, the system is not Site Pro.

FD45100[0] (0) Station Site 00 Control Ch 5 (0.0000) Delay 5 Priority 0
FC40000[0] (1) Extended Options 00 Color 0

The program ignores the station ID message above because of the zero site number.

I can change the logic to accept site zero - however, this will break decoding for other wonky EDACS systems that broadcast two station IDs (one zero and one non-zero).

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Unitrunker is still unable to lock onto this EDACS system using my PRO-106. It still has no problem locking onto the local Motorola or P25 system.

I'm upgraded now to 1.0.24.7 and I can see the additional log file that was missing previously. It does seem that you've made forward progress! This is the first time I am seeing a UniTrunker-<Date>.LOG file on this system.

Here are the two file:
http://www.w2lie.net/misc_files/unitrunker/Tuner-20120227.LOG
http://www.w2lie.net/misc_files/unitrunker/UniTrunker-20120227.LOG

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Thank You! I'm looking forward to finally seeing what is on the local EDACS System.

Status
Not open for further replies.