Why no GMRS broadcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
There are other licensed methods for broadcasting. With the FCC, its sort of a place for everything and everything in its place.

K5MOB

There are other licensed methods for broadcasting. With the FCC, its sort of a place for everything and everything in its place.

You missed the point.. The rules say you cannot stream a GMRS repeater on broadcastity. I want to know why.. I own a GMRS repeater and would like to put my repeater on broadcastify!

bsig226

I believe you would have the same as HAM. What are we the underdogs to HAM?

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Indeed I did. I read your post and did not pay attention to the sub forum it was in.
You missed the point.. The rules say you cannot stream a GMRS repeater on broadcastity. I want to know why.. I own a GMRS repeater and would like to put my repeater on broadcastify!

K7MFC

WRAA720
Broadcastify reserves the right to limit access to or disable broadcasts that the management feels not appropriate for the community.

GMRS: not appropriate (n)

Los Angeles Renegade 435 repeater: appropriate (y)

I'm not complaining, btw..the "lively discussion" on that repeater is quality entertainment.

K5MOB

Broadcastify reserves the right to limit access to or disable broadcasts that the management feels not appropriate for the community.

GMRS: not appropriate (n)

Los Angeles Renegade 435 repeater: appropriate (y)

I'm not complaining, btw..the "lively discussion" on that repeater is quality entertainment.

I completely understand your view, and it is exactly why I asked the reason for not allowing GMRS repeaters. The topics on some amateur systems get out in left field a lot, in fact sometime I think they slap cross the line on allowable content as per the FCC. I completely understand why CB and in the clear GMRS should be on the no go list as any plug can go grab some bubble pack radios and stir the pot.

However GMRS repeaters have CTCSS and the bubble pack radios cannot access the repeaters this allows us to keep the rift raft at bay. Of course any plug can order a UV5R and jump on a GMRS repeater but they can do the same on a amateur repeater also. Most of the GMRS repeaters at least in Louisiana are run by amateurs and are used by their family who have not taken the HAM plunge.

I feel that the GMRS repeaters not being allowed is more of a knee jerk decision based on the fact that a lot of amateurs look down on GMRS than anything else.

bubbablitz

I also thought that CB was a no no on Broadcastify until I came across someone running a Channel 6 live feed out of Monmouth, New Jersey few weeks ago, so I guess the rules have since changed.

K5MOB

I also thought that CB was a no no on Broadcastify until I came across someone running a Channel 6 live feed out of Monmouth, New Jersey few weeks ago, so I guess the rules have since changed.

Interesting! I'm listening to it now.. I have all ways found the cats on 27.025 a interesting bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.