Why they Pay Me the Big Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
4,639
Location
Eastern MA
As I found out when I did a stint as a PM, you have to do at least a little bit of everything if you want the project to get done. It is a pretty good learning experience, though.
 

ofd8001

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
6,292
Location
Louisville, KY
A cat might be out of the bag. A guy could speculate that there are about 16 beta testers out there who spent the best part of 3 months doing testing.
 

phillydjdan

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
1,672
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I'm here stuck with a $600 paper weight 536HP and he's making videos of himself packing boxes. Cute...
 

UPMan

Uniden Representative
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,288
Location
Arlington, TX
I don't think spending an extra 5 minutes setting a camera on my desk and turning it on in July of 2013 has had any significant effect on anything happening today.
 

JamesO

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
1,813
Location
McLean, VA
I'm here stuck with a $600 paper weight 536HP
My $600 paper weight monitors quite a bit of radio activity, records and plays back as expected. Seems to function perfectly well as a scanner 99% of the time. The other 1% I am probably not around to confirm if it functioning as expected. There are some additional features that most of us are patiently waiting on, but the lack of these additional features do not significantly impact the main purpose of the radio.

What does your paper weight do or not do? Assume it powers up? Might even be able to receive radio reception?

I find most of the Hope Patrol issues are programming, set up, software and pilot error problems.

Got a problem, spit it out in the Tech Support section.

Just generally unhappy, I will buy your 536HP for $250 and give it a good home, PM me.
 

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
1,076
Location
Pimp County, Neveda
Lets see the slow motion camera working on the Siren App and firmware updates. Lets see some stuff moving forward. That's the exciting part.
 

phillydjdan

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
1,672
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I did spit it out. It absolutely sucks on TDMA. It misses half the activity no matter what antenna I try. My PSR-800 does a better job and was $200 cheaper at time of purchase.

As for your insight, Paul, that is the reason I use a Motorola radio and not a Uniden scanner. Worst part is, I paid roughly 60% what I wasted on the 536 for a nearly perfect XTS-3000 that does 9600 baud and gives me twice the range and ZERO drop outs...
 

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
1,076
Location
Pimp County, Neveda
Motorola makes those XTS 3000 and 5000 built to last. They have it all figured out.

Only if the rest would follow suit.

"You can't eat with the chicken's if you want to soar with the Eagles"
 

phillydjdan

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
1,672
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

And James, go ahead and hold your breath for that PM to come... meanwhile I will sell it for $550 all day long elsewhere...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top